With Keita now leaving, who should be signed?

Who should be signed?

• Buyback Oriol Romeu for 10mi and get a cb

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Get Javi Martinez, who can cover cb and dm

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • Keep JDS and buy a cb

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 12.0%

• Total voters

Maria

Sport reporting that Barça would pay the 40m for Javi, if he accepts to be put on the 3rd level of the salaries, earning less than he makes now. I don't think this is smart, 40mi is too much for him .

This would be horrible..but last year the club didn't payed 40 million euros for Cesc and now they already spent 14 out of the 40 million available for transfers, so I have a hard time believing Sport. If we didn't had Busi and Mascherano, I would have understood the offer, but at this moment it doesn't make any sense. Not to mention that with less money we could buy Hummels and if Barcelona would pay the release clause, they would have to pay another 20 million euros in taxes.

Like you said, if this happens they whole Ibra deal would be put to shame.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I know for a fact Sergi Roberto isn't ready for big minutes.

I'm very skeptical of Jonathan dos Santos, too. He really hasn't impressed me either.

I honestly think Martinez could end up being one of our starting CBs for the next 8 years or so. I believe him and Pique would make a great tandem.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
306713_10151162345234305_1033547691_n.jpg

plus

alberto-botia.jpg

and let everything else just fall in to place.

MagIX

With Keita now leaving…. we are definitively the smallest team in the world !!
The only players taller than 1.80 will be Piqué and Busquets (Puyol 1.78 and Abidal maybe wont come back).
The only starters are Piqué and Busquets (but sometime they have to rest). Puyol (next year 35 y.o.) turnover with Masch.
No injuries please.
Possible scenario (often): opponent bus parking, we dominate with 80% ball possession….1 corner and we lose 1-0.

poltergeist

Don't see the need to sign anyone. Keita hardly played anyway. He didn't even play up to the requisite number of minutes that would have earned him a new contract so why splash the cash on a replacement?

Don't see the need of signing a CB either when we have Pique, Masch, Puyol, Fontas + Bartra, Muniesa are joining the first team.

JDS or Roberto as replacement for Keita. Fontas, Bartra, Muniesa, as extra cover for CB.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well Bartra is far more pacier than Botia, which would obviously suit better to our high line defense so I can understand them if they consider so... But Bartra didn't seem to perform as expected last season. Of course the douche that is managing our B has a major role to play in that, but we'd need a ready to step up defender available in the team in case some thing goes wrong with Pique/Masch

P

PhilS

The reason for Keita leaving also has a big effect on the club ability to sign other non-Spaniards. Barca might continue to get more and more Spanish, just because of the players' income taxes. Not a problem with Javi Martinez.

P

PhilS

Romeu and Botia would be great... I don't understand why our board don't consider Botia

They both look pretty good with their current clubs, but Barca defenders need major speed. There are particular requirements for Barca players, superior passing at every position, great defense by the forwards, backline speed.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Romeu didn't look great with Chelsea when he got playing time this year.

Botia on the other hand was impressive at times with Gijon.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
They both look pretty good with their current clubs, but Barca defenders need major speed. There are particular requirements for Barca players, superior passing at every position, great defense by the forwards, backline speed.

Hummels and Martinez arent quick enough why are we trying to sign them instead of a speedy defender.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
When you say at times you mean in his first season, because in the second he was extremely poor.

That's why I say at times, I honestly don't want to bring either back to be completely honest and would very much prefer grooming Javi Martinez as our CB of the future and letting him supplement Busquets throughout the year. Would give the Blaugrana much more flexibility moving forward.

Home of Barca Fans