With Keita now leaving, who should be signed?

Who should be signed?

• Buyback Oriol Romeu for 10mi and get a cb

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Get Javi Martinez, who can cover cb and dm

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • Keep JDS and buy a cb

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 12.0%

• Total voters

Maria

Mascherano is Puyol's replacement.

as for the poll, javi martinez, but 40m is pretty much i have to say.

Athletic bought him for 6 million euros when he was 17 y.o. and they don't need money like Arsenal or Valencia..so I don't think that they would even consider 26 million euros.

Last edited:

VoidPg

If we are settling for a CB for long-time like I said , a replacement of Puyol, then 40M is not huge . It will be huge and a mistake if we sell Javi Martinez after 1-2 seasons . We need a stable investment.

Chigrinski and 25M?

zanela

Won't be a popular answer. But for me, Bartra as our 4th choice CB, and JDS as backup DM.

An experienced not so expensive DM (Bruno) (already suggested) sounds good. But not sure if he'd like to be a back-up.

I'm with Deco20. Don't think a big signing is really needed.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Won't be a popular answer. But for me, Bartra as our 4th choice CB, and JDS as backup DM.

An experienced not so expensive DM (Bruno) (already suggested) sounds good. But not sure if he'd like to be a back-up.

I'm with Deco20. Don't think a big signing is really needed.

I like the way you're thinking :)

Banana-Rama

surprised at barca fans wanting romeu back, he hasn't shown much at chelsea, don't think he's good enough for barca, martinez would be a much better buy for barca............

veryfatchocobo

Javi Martinez would be a great buy for Barcelona, but he'd be a starter everywhere except here..... Why should he go here when he can start for all the other teams....

F

Flavia

MD putting Capoue, M'Villa and Cabaye as possible names to replace keita, if Javi Martinez can't be signed.

mateopol

I voted for 3rd option. I would like us to buy natural CB, not midfielder who can play as CB. But if we somehow buy JM, I'll be happy, but I prefer if we buy CB (Sakho anyone?).

In order my preferences:

1- JdS DM, good CB
2 - Buy Javi, keep JdS, Bartra, sell Muniesa and Fontas
3 - JdS DM, not buying CB, Bartra as 4th choice CB
12212112 - JdS DM, Fontas staying and playing as 4th choice CB, loaning Bartra and Muniesa

Getting rid of Fontas is a must.

F

Flavia

Sport reporting that Barça would pay the 40m for Javi, if he accepts to be put on the 3rd level of the salaries, earning less than he makes now. I don't think this is smart, 40mi is too much for him .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry but that's just insane from Zubi and co. if they are really serious about it. Are they really that desperate?

F

Flavia

Too much indeed, and the official site is now talking about JDS or Sergi Roberto as keita's replacement, thankfully. Splashing that much on martinez would be worse than the money spent on ibra.

Home of Barca Fans