Why is football boring to watch now?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Thats normal dude, 20-30 years ago you came from school to home, ate lunch, went out and plays football until the sun goes down. Nowadays they go to home and stay at home, playing online games, watch netflix or just sleep.

In Germany a lot of kids dont watch football either, ngl last week i saw a young kid in Lidl (super market) who weared a Ronaldo jersey (20/21 Juve home) and i asked him if he is a Ronaldo fan. His answer ''Sorry i dont watch football'' I was shocked! To my time a old man said ''If you dont watch football, you are not a man!'' Unbelievable.

I hope you guys get my message.

Messigician

Thats normal dude, 20-30 years ago you came from school to home, ate lunch, went out and plays football until the sun goes down. Nowadays they go to home and stay at home, playing online games, watch netflix or just sleep.

In Germany a lot of kids dont watch football either, ngl last week i saw a young kid in Lidl (super market) who weared a Ronaldo jersey (20/21 Juve home) and i asked him if he is a Ronaldo fan. His answer ''Sorry i dont watch football'' I was shocked! To my time a old man said ''If you dont watch football, you are not a man!'' Unbelievable.

I hope you guys get my message.
Wow

JohnN

Bad periods do happen, especially after golden periods the margin seems even larger. just a decade ago we had astonishing teams and talent. things will turn around

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Peak football was from R9/Zidane to Ronny to Messi/Siunaldo era.

Football will never be the same guys.

I already said it years ago, one day a Puig-level guy will play for ballon dor.

KingLeo10

Peak international football was 2006 WC. The squads of the top Euro (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands) and SA teams (Argentina, Brazil) was insane.

Peak club football was 1995-2017ish (LVG's Ajax, Juve and United in late 90s, Carlo's Milan, 05-15 Barca, United 06-09, Mourinho's Inter, RM 09-onwards, Bayern 09-onwards).

Right now, the level in CL is laughably bad...some of the CL finals of the last few years have been absolute duds. Last 'great' CL final was Barca - Juventus in 15 or RM - Juventus in 17.

Last edited:

L3v1s

I loved watching football and learning about different competitions/countries, but I find it quite boring in the present. Sometimes I'm struggling to even watch my favorite club(Barca), and that's the only match I'll see for the week. Don't know if it's related to growing more mature and losing the enthusiasm that I had as a younger fan, but football quality has also decreased in my opinion.
For the most part I feel like throwing the TV out the window after watching 10 minutes of football. :benitez:

JohnN

I loved watching football and learning about different competitions/countries, but I find it quite boring in the present. Sometimes I'm struggling to even watch my favorite club(Barca), and that's the only match I'll see for the week. Don't know if it's related to growing more mature and losing the enthusiasm that I had as a younger fan, but football quality has also decreased in my opinion.
For the most part I feel like throwing the TV out the window after watching 10 minutes of football. :benitez:
struggling to watch current barca is normal.

Home of Barca Fans