• Poll closed .

Leo10

88086a4c673dbcd91c82acbcbc2028149a01d929.jpg

w460.jpg

article-2222703-15AB1BD6000005DC-168_634x369.jpg

dortmund_2378586b.jpg

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well it's not like I enjoy the way my club is run, if I wasn't a Chelsea fan I'd probably think this club is disgusting, but what can I do? The club changed since I first supported it, it's not run well at all, but I'm not going to stop supporting them because of something that, no true fan would. The club run shit but has brought plenty of success, I can't complain purely on the grounds of being a fan of this club, we've always wanted to be a top side, and we now are, despite the shitty way we've gone about it. So call my hate for Bayern irrational if you want, but it's not my fault my club turned to this over the course of my years of supporting. Plus, I've always hated Bayern, pretty much since I started following football in 1998, which was a time when I wasn't even a Chelsea fan(2000 was the beginning of that), but an AC Milan fan(which I still am, but they are my no.2 team).

Well it's not like I enjoy the way my club is run, if I wasn't a Chelsea fan I'd probably think this club is disgusting, but what can I do? The club changed since I first supported it, it's not run well at all, but I'm not going to stop supporting them because of something that, no true fan would. The club run shit but has brought plenty of success, I can't complain purely on the grounds of being a fan of this club, we've always wanted to be a top side, and we now are, despite the shitty way we've gone about it. So call my hate for Bayern irrational if you want, but it's not my fault my club turned to this over the course of my years of supporting. Plus, I've always hated Bayern, pretty much since I started following football in 1998, which was a time when I wasn't even a Chelsea fan(2000 was the beginning of that), but an AC Milan fan(which I still am, but they are my no.2 team).

Brace yourself, "glory hunter" comments are coming :lol:

Last edited:

loozy

I couldn't give a flying heap, this is my worst nightmare finale aside from last year's. Urgh.

But Bayern thoroughly deserve it, more than Dortmund.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Brace yourself, "glory hunter" comments are coming :lol:
I've dealt with them for a long time, actually. In a similar situation to how I started supporting Chelsea, I decided to support an AFL(Aussie footy) side in 1999, who then in 2001-2003 won the title and became one of the greatest sides ever, but I was somehow a glory hunter. The year before I supported them they finished bottom of the ladder, not much of a glory hunter hey? Haha.

Glory hunter comments don't phase me at all, every now and then I'll let people know the truth but generally I don't even give them the time of day for their comments. :lol:

I almost echo loozy's sentiments, only difference is out of the final 4 the nightmare final for myself would have been Barca-Bayern, but that was the semi. Tbh I wanted to see Dortmund vs. Barca, just based on how the semi's were actually drawn, otherwise I wanted Real-Dortmund. :D

They are an experienced team. After the catastrophe of last year's final, they will be much more mentally prepared. I expect this to be an 2-0 or 3-0 win for Bayern.

They haven't done as well against Dortmund as they have against everyone else this season (I believe their record is 1-1, 1-0 and 1-1, though the last game was pointless), so I'm not so sure that Bayern will own Dortmund. Anything can happen, and Dortmund have a MUCH better chance than Chelsea did last year (IMO), but Bayern are definitely favorites in this one.

loozy

Should Bayern lose this, you can probably put Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Robben and Ribery into a mental institution (and whoever has been with Bayern since 2009/10).

M

mitkoa7x

Its pretty simple

German teams choke in finals, so 0-0 after ET the game goes to penaldos. After 30 mins of constant misses the ref decides to end the game with a toss of a coin.

Andrew M

You haven't actually cited your reasons for hating Bayern yet. BTW, my nightmare final was 2008. I'm sure, looking back on it, it's yours too. :D

Should Bayern lose this, you can probably put Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Robben and Ribery into a mental institution (and whoever has been with Bayern since 2009/10).

Haha. I reckon Robben in particular will need special treatment. Especially if he misses a penalty. ha

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Quite a decent amount of it of it is down to them buying off the competition(I know Chelsea aren't angels and have piss all home grown players but we don't attempt to buy out the competition every time we lose the league), the whole arrogance they exude like the the league is theirs and only theirs(hence buying off the best players from the teams that can challenge them), plus over the years they've had a lot of players I just haven't liked. I don't think at any point have they not had a good amount of players I just really, really don't like. Plus their board members like to spout a bunch of rubbish at times too. Their saving grace, and one thing I do like about them, is they have an excellent good youth set up, something I want Chelsea to aspire to, and even though they act like they are, we really aren't doing well enough and it's a bit shitty.

I'm sure a lot of people feel exactly the same way bout Chelsea, though, including Bayern fans, but I won't tell them they can't hate us just like I don't feel anyone can tell me that I can't hate Bayern because I support a poorly run club. A lot of fans are like this. My team have had pricks over the years(though I do hate Terry and want him to F off immediately, scumbag), but I love Drogba despite all his diving and cheating(which I don't approve of, but what can you do?), then there's the fact I think Alves is an utter twat but I'm sure most, if not all Cules love him. Same with Pippo Inzaghi, heaps of people hate him but as a Milan fan I loved him to death for being so ordinary yet so fantastic.

Being a football fan means being at least partially hypocritical, imo. Not even, being human means that. We're all irrational and hypocritical to an extent, I know I am and I just live with it, just like I live with other people being at the same level as me or even worse.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah definitely, anton. Besides, there isn't a single club in existence who are 100% angels & saints in everything they do, anyone who puts their club on that sort of pedestal I just can't take very seriously. I don't like some of the antics certain Barca players get up to sometimes, but I still support the club. I don't like how Liverpool have been dealing with all the Suarez stuff, but I still support them... etc. Giving up on a club you supposedly love because of a few players' actions, or because of the current owner/president/coach, or whatever else, is one of the worst things someone can do as a football fan. People come & go, but the club will always be there.

Andrew M

Quite a decent amount of it of it is down to them buying off the competition(I know Chelsea aren't angels and have piss all home grown players but we don't attempt to buy out the competition every time we lose the league), the whole arrogance they exude like the the league is theirs and only theirs(hence buying off the best players from the teams that can challenge them), plus over the years they've had a lot of players I just haven't liked. I don't think at any point have they not had a good amount of players I just really, really don't like. Plus their board members like to spout a bunch of rubbish at times too. Their saving grace, and one thing I do like about them, is they have an excellent good youth set up, something I want Chelsea to aspire to, and even though they act like they are, we really aren't doing well enough and it's a bit shitty.

I'm sure a lot of people feel exactly the same way bout Chelsea, though, including Bayern fans, but I won't tell them they can't hate us just like I don't feel anyone can tell me that I can't hate Bayern because I support a poorly run club. A lot of fans are like this. My team have had pricks over the years(though I do hate Terry and want him to F off immediately, scumbag), but I love Drogba despite all his diving and cheating(which I don't approve of, but what can you do?), then there's the fact I think Alves is an utter twat but I'm sure most, if not all Cules love him. Same with Pippo Inzaghi, heaps of people hate him but as a Milan fan I loved him to death for being so ordinary yet so fantastic.

Being a football fan means being at least partially hypocritical, imo. Not even, being human means that. We're all irrational and hypocritical to an extent, I know I am and I just live with it, just like I live with other people being at the same level as me or even worse.

I think you make reasonable points. I wouldn't say, for example, that I hate Chelsea as in institution, but I do hate Terry (just as you do).

I think, in Bayern's case, that because no team in Germany comes close to them economically it means they can buy out the competition. Everyone would do the same in that situation. It's just good business.

Home of Barca Fans