Who will win the Champins League 12-13?

Who will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gilberto

I really like BvB but Bayern is gonna win this final, no doubt. This is just their season, no one gets close to their level.

Bayern are a better team, but it's one game, so anything can happen, as Chelsea showed last year (Barca and Bayern were both better teams, both on paper and in the actual games, but they somehow both lost).

I think Dortmund winning this is a lot more likely than Chelsea winning it last year was (still VERY unlikely though).

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Hopefully Dortmund, since they've been my team in Germany since the Rosicky and Koller days. I might actually puke if Bayern win, such a disgusting club, they are up there in the top 3 with Liverpool and Tottenham for my hate clubs.

Andrew M

Hopefully Dortmund, since they've been my team in Germany since the Rosicky and Koller days. I might actually puke if Bayern win, such a disgusting club, they are up there in the top 3 with Liverpool and Tottenham for my hate clubs.

While Chelsea are so righteous! :rolleyes:

Andrew M

The thing that people mostly complain about with Bayern is that they take of lot of Bundesliga players like Ballack, Lucio etc and destroy their competition. But I've a lot of respect for them as an institution.

The thing that people mostly complain about with Bayern is that they take of lot of Bundesliga players like Ballack, Lucio etc and destroy their competition. But I've a lot of respect for them as an institution.

It is a bit harsh but I know for a fact if Barca could do this to other teams in La Liga they would do it too as would any other team in any league, it would be an unbelievable power and influence to have, imagine being able to buy at will the best players from arch rivals and what not in Spain :wub:
It is strange that the Bayern dominance really started in the 70s when they had Beckenbauer, Muller Maier etc some of whom where very close to joning other teams
Plus the finance they have is not from some sugar daddy injecting money in

Andrew M

It is a bit harsh but I know for a fact if Barca could do this to other teams in La Liga they would do it too as would any other team in any league, it would be an unbelievable power and influence to have, imagine being able to buy at will the best players from arch rivals and what not in Spain :wub:
It is strange that the Bayern dominance really started in the 70s when they had Beckenbauer, Muller Maier etc some of whom where very close to joning other teams
Plus the finance they have is not from some sugar daddy injecting money in

The problem the Bundesliga has is that it only really has one superpower. In Spain there's Barca and Madrid who will always push each and compete for players as equals. In Germany that will never happen and is, and has been over the past 10 years, a big issue.

Barca and Madrid do pinch for the liga, though. Villa, Keita, Alves, Adriano, Ramos.....

I think if Real had trusted other liga talent (Silva, Mata etc) they would have benefited.

The problem the Bundesliga has is that it only really has one superpower. In Spain there's Barca and Madrid who will always push each and compete for players as equals. In Germany that will never happen and is, and has been over the past 10 years, a big issue.

Barca and Madrid do pinch for the liga, though. Villa, Keita, Alves, Adriano, Ramos.....

I think if Real had trusted other liga talent (Silva, Mata etc) they would have benefited.

Barca and Real do buy from La Liga teams, but they don't buy from each other (except rare cases like Figo). I think that's what people don't like about Bayern, they tend to buy from not only lesser Bundesliga sides but from their biggest competitors (currently Dortmund) as well. I don't really hold this against them though (but I do agree that it sucks for the Bundesliga), especially since the Bayern-Dortmund rivalry isn't like the Real-Barca one (Real-Barca rivalry is much stronger, etc etc etc).

Last edited:

Indignado

:lol:
Bayerns is arguably the best run Club in the world financially and sporting wise, so probably puking with envy

It's not puking with envy, Bayern are an arrogant big headed club with disgusting board members and their tax evasion president is the worst of the bunch. Their values are in no way comparable to Barca's so it's obvious that not many people here like them.

Andrew M

Barca and Real do buy from La Liga teams, but they don't buy from each other (except rare cases like Figo). I think that's what people don't like about Bayern, they tend to buy from not only lesser Bundesliga sides but from their biggest competitors (currently Dortmund) as well. I don't really hold this against them though (but I do agree that it sucks for the Bundesliga), especially since the Bayern-Dortmund rivalry isn't like the Real-Barca one (Real-Barca rivalry is much stronger, etc etc etc).

Yeah, I did list some examples of Real and Barca buying liga players. People seem to be trying to manufacture this Bayern - Dortmund rivalry that will expire not long from now :lol:

Andrew M

It's not puking with envy, Bayern are an arrogant big headed club with disgusting board members and their tax evasion president is the worst of the bunch. Their values are in no way comparable to Barca's so it's obvious that not many people here like them.

The point was, though, that Anton, as a Chelsea fan, found reason to hate Bayern

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
WOW! Cause I'm a Chelsea fan I can't hate another team because of the nature of my own club! I know my club is run like crap, I'll be the first to admit it, but it doesn't mean I cannot hate another club. Plus I've supported Chelsea before Roman took over anyway, not that it was run perfectly then either.

So sorry guys, didn't know there were rules to being a fan, which clubs I can hate and expressing my opinion.

MY BAD!

Last edited:

Andrew M

WOW! Cause I'm a Chelsea fan I can't hate another team because of the nature of my own club! I know my club is run like crap, I'll be the first to admit it, but it doesn't mean I cannot hate another club. Plus I've supported Chelsea before Roman took over anyway, not that it was run perfectly then either.

So sorry guys, didn't know there were rules to being a fan, which clubs I can hate and expressing my opinion.

MY BAD!

Haha. Are you flattered that your comment produced such interest?

My issue with your 'hate', though, was that it just seemed irrational and, dare I say it, hypocritical(?)

I presume you object to Bayern on principle of their carnivorous attitude to the rest of the Bundesliga? Just seems that you don't really have a foot to stand on as a Chelsea fan? :D No offence, man....

Home of Barca Fans