Who should replace Valdés?

Who should replace Valdes?

• Total voters

desoe

I think the De Gea option is completely gone now after the game at Bernabeu. We should stop mentioning him anymore :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ter Stegen, Kiko Casilla, De Gea, Guaita and Reina are the keepers Barcelona like most to replace Valdes, who won't renew contract. [marca]

So I'm guessing they have neglected to pursue Courtois or Perin (I would have realllllllly loved Perin to come because of his massive potential and likeness to Gigi Buffon)

barcanuck

For names sakes let's sign Kiko Casilla. Sounds so close to Iker Cassilas it's not even funny. Plus he's Catalan, played for Catalonia so he knows our Catalan players :)

Caballero should be an option too.

It seems to me that the club wants someone young like Ter Stegen, De Gea or Courtois. Then again, there aren't really any experienced world-class keepers who are available. I suppose Caballero could happen, but it's unlikely and we haven't been linked to him.

Last edited:

ceefoo

Júlio César. Makes perfect sense. He will be available in the summer and he wont cost much.
He is in great form and has a wealth of experience at the highest level.
And before people say he is too old. He'll be 34 this year, and GK's don't hit their prime until they reach their 30's.

F

Flavia

barcastuff
For different reasons, Manuel Neuer and Pepe Reina, linked to Barcelona in the past, are not among the club's goalkeeper options. [sport]

Hope this is true, and reina is indeed discarded.

Home of Barca Fans