Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Tezemery

Id like us to sign a good center back maybe chiellini or thiago silva, drogba, neymar or giuseppe rossi and maybe arshavin.

Seamus

We need a CF, but with Fontas and Bartra coming through I dont think we need a new CB. Thiago will also cover in midfield so no need for Cesc right now. So ya a new striker who is the height of a tree would be nice

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
We only need Llorente or Neymar, and maybe a left back depending on whether Abi can play football at a high level again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Following Abidal tumor and Puyol injury we'll have to spend more than expected that's for sure. We'd have to find replacements for those 2 either way in a year or two as both are approaching their veteran years.
It'll be extremely hard to find players to fill their shoes though.

J

jaret

Only LB is needed by now, rest of the squad is already top class.

DucdeOrléans

Only LB is needed by now, rest of the squad is already top class.

I think we definetely could use another defender (central) and maybe a left back (depends on Abidals progress). And of course a new attacker and maybe a new midfielder (again, it depends on Thiagos progress).

If we had a unlimited amount of money to spent I would buy Sakho/Thiago Silva, Botia, Cesc and Pato/Neymar.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Botia and Soldado in(yeah you read it right :p)... Thiago and Fontas promoted... That would make our squad well covered in all the areas(unless there are insane amount of injuries of course)

Recall VicSan for pre-season and check if he's developed enough to be the utility player in our squad.

Milito, Jeffren, Henrique, Keirrison and Gleb sold

N

nejcf15

Fabio Coentrao and maybe Botia

Sell: Milito, Keirrison, Hleb, Ibra (if they havent already), Henrique
Loan: Victor Sanchez

Seamus

The only position we cant really cover from the B team is a striker. Nolito and Soriano are good but dont think they're up to the first team level unfortunatly.

Soldado would be a good option, but could cost a nice amount. We definatly need a big strong striker, someone like Llorente but maybe not his price tag either

Gibbons

Botia and Soldado in(yeah you read it right :p)... Thiago and Fontas promoted... That would make our squad well covered in all the areas(unless there are insane amount of injuries of course)

Recall VicSan for pre-season and check if he's developed enough to be the utility player in our squad.

Milito, Jeffren, Henrique, Keirrison and Gleb sold

I agree with all of this. Regarding Jeffren, I'd like to see us put a buy-back clause on the contract to whomever we sell to (similar to Botia). I really think he just needs a season or two of consistent playing time and he can be really good.

We don't need a left back this Summer if we keep Maxwell & Adriano, and if Abidal is fully healed. I really think Adriano is starting to play well for us and that Maxwell is a pretty solid substitute. Maybe not the most pace, but fairly solid positioning/defending. Throw in Abidal and we've got plenty of cover for both fullback positions (Adriano can play either side).

Home of Barca Fans