Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Boris

You suggest Rooney? Have we not been calling for hungry players? He looks a spent force about to dumped into the Man Utd recycling bin

Anyone who fits that profile, doesn't have to be him... but since he's a big fan, who knows how hungry he really is :)

oz187

Alexis was the Italian player of the year, at Barca he's played well(3rd highest assists in the squad). Clubs can take account that Barca isn't build around him. ~25M is not ambitious, there'd be a few clubs that would be willing to buy him.
Pedro is on course to break Spains all time annual goalscoring record. The kind of player that can score a crucial goal in a Champions League quarter-final. 20M+ for sure.
Villa is Villa, 10-15M is about right, only problem is his wages maybe, but there'd still be plenty of teams willing to have him. Half the teams in England would be willing to buy him.
Alves is still only 29 and has a high fitness level. If you have a reasonable defensive left-back why not pay 15-25M for the best attacking right back in the world?
Valdes - He's got a good 5 years ahead of him easily, is Spains second choice probably behind Iker, 10-15M if they sell him this summer.

In terms of potential purchases I see the following options:
Neymar 40M
Lewandowski 20-30M(last year of contract and Dortmund would probably prefer to sell to Barca than Bayern so 20M might be possible)
Reus 25M+(Dortmund payed 17M for him)
Aguero ~35M(I don't see Aguero at Barca though tbh)
Suarez 30-40M(the biting incident may have lowered his value)
Piszeck ~15M
Hummels ~30M
Kompany ~30M

I don't think Falcao is possible. I don't see Cavani happening either, too expensive for the risk of another failed transition. I don't see RM players like Higuain and Ramos coming. I don't think PSG would sell Moura or Lavezzi. Reus/Lewandowski are probably the best affordable replacements for Villa, although I expect Reus to stay at his home club. But he does have the perfect profile I think to fit into the current system.

Irish_Cules

Alexis was the Italian player of the year, at Barca he's played well(3rd highest assists in the squad). Clubs can take account that Barca isn't build around him. ~25M is not ambitious, there'd be a few clubs that would be willing to buy him.
Pedro is on course to break Spains all time annual goalscoring record. The kind of player that can score a crucial goal in a Champions League quarter-final. 20M+ for sure.
Villa is Villa, 10-15M is about right, only problem is his wages maybe, but there'd still be plenty of teams willing to have him. Half the teams in England would be willing to buy him.
Alves is still only 29 and has a high fitness level. If you have a reasonable defensive left-back why not pay 15-25M for the best attacking right back in the world?
Valdes - He's got a good 5 years ahead of him easily, is Spains second choice probably behind Iker, 10-15M if they sell him this summer.

Neymar 40M
Lewandowski 20-30M(last year of contract and Dortmund would probably prefer to sell to Barca than Bayern so 20M might be possible)
Piszeck ~15M
Hummels ~30M
Kompany ~30M

I don't think Falcao is possible. I don't see Cavani happening either, too expensive for the risk of another failed transition. I don't see RM players like Higuain and Ramos coming. I don't think PSG would sell Moura or Lavezzi. Reus/Lewandowski are probably the best affordable replacements for Villa, although I expect Reus to stay at his home club. But he does have the perfect profile I think to fit into the current system.

Do you honestly expect Dortmund to sell us four of their best players? :lol:

D

Don_Andrés

I do think there's too playing Football Manager with this whole transfer scenario. It's fun, but unlikely to happen.

Boris

Neymar 40M
Piszeck ~15M
Hummels ~30M
Kompany ~30M

Why don't you just become a Dortmund fan ? :)

spark

Nobody would pay 20 -30 million euros for Pedro. It isnt 2011 anymore. As an example Cazorla and Mata were in those price ranges. Even if he were still worth that, Barca have never been good at selling.

oz187

Why don't you just become a Dortmund fan ? :)

I've been a Barca fan since the late 80s, it's too late for that I think :)

And hey, it's not like Barca are gonna be buying players off Real Madrid or Bayern, so Dortmund is the obvious place to get Champions League quality players. Mind you, it's not like Dortmund want to sell, they are in good financial shape and don't need to sell anybody. They were saying they'd prefer to let Lewandowski play down his contract rather than let him leave. If Barca were to offer Villa and 10-15M that could tempt them though I suppose.

Isaac_Cuenca23

A young, potential world class CB?

There's a couple of English prospects I'm excited about.

First up is Nathaniel Chalobah. On loan at Watford in the Championship from Chelsea, he's currently playing at DM for Watford who are 3rd in the league, although his best position is CB. He's 18 years old, an England U21 international, was England U17 captain at 15 (when England won the U17 Euros).

Here's a wonder goal he scored today.

The second player is Eric Dier. He grew up in Portugal and came through Sporting Lisbon's academy. Only 19 years old and has played 14 times for the first team this season, mostly as a DM. Although Sporting have been very poor he's been getting good reviews and been (somewhat hyperbolically) described as the new Beckenbauer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...layer-shining-Sporting-Lisbon--INTERVIEW.html

Home of Barca Fans