Which opponent do you prefer Barça to face on the CL 1/8?

Which opponent do you prefer Barça to face on the CL 1/8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Malappapper

IMO because we have a healthy lead in the league, we are better off facing a tough opponent now rather than later. coz it would be like a good warmup for later stages

We currently have a healthy lead in the league, there is no way of knowing what the situation will be like come Feb/Mar. As for tough opponents? You should not worry, we are gonna have plenty of those in the later rounds. Even now, in the Last 16, all teams but Galata, can be considered at least decent. I believe that this season's CL, is the most competitive for years.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I want us to face Milan, but can see us being drawn against Arsenal again. If we do draw Arsenal and beat them as usual, get ready for the "we were robbed" crap their fans always spout after losing to us.

Last edited:

barcanuck

Ranking of teams in order of favorable :

1 - Galatasaray - travelling to Turkey not as intimidating as it used to be, weather in Istanbul not bad compared to other citites. They play very close games but I think we can expose them quite easily. Their coach Fatih Terim is very experienced though.

2 - FC Porto - they have 2 exciting attackers from Columbia : Rodríguez and Martinez. Experience in the midfield with : Lucho Gonzalez and Joao Moutinho. We played them in Euro super cup at the start of last season and beat them 2-0.

3 - AC Milan - Pose a threat as their forwards : El Sharaway, Bojan, Robinho, Pato, Pazzini can all offer something different. They got a bit younger in the midfield but Ambrosini and De Jong offer alot of experience. Defense is a bit suspect led by Mexes.

4 - Arsenal - A team we have beat over the last 5 years but I'm putting them as one of the danger teams since they retooled their forward and midfield a little bit. Their defense is very sloppy so we can score against them but their mid is a bit different now with Cazorla and Arteta pulling the strings. Attack wise Podolski was brought in who is a good player and is very versitile. Giroud the big target man also brought in can give us alot of problems with his ariel game being so good.

5 - Shakhtar Donestk - Coming out of the group with Chelsea and Juventus is very impressive. They almost won the group which would of been astounding. Lucescu is a very wily coach and has tons of Brazilians in the squad who play a run and gun style. Temperatures being 0 or below in March will also make this the worst possible place to visit.

Meitux

I cant understand why you guys choose Arsenal from the moment Milan is worse than them,so it would be too easy with Milan....

M

mitkoa7x

I cant understand why you guys choose Arsenal from the moment Milan is worse than them,so it would be too easy with Milan....

I dont want to see us humiliate a great club like Milan just cuz they're going through a bad patch. On the other hand I have no problems with doing it to Arsenal, while playing their own captain against them.

abual3bed1

For me, Milan isn't easy what so ever in CL. Even in their worst situations they can do something in CL. On the other hand, the best Arsenal can do ever they'll still our little bitches (no offense to any gunners fan here but their team really suck).

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I dont want to see us humiliate a great club like Milan just cuz they're going through a bad patch. On the other hand I have no problems with doing it to Arsenal, while playing their own captain against them.

Thanks for your kind words but i think it's inevitable we will get humiliated down the road, saying that Milan thrive on being the underdogs, so who knows? I also think Barcelona's style of play will be easier to defend against than a direct one, the likes of Bayern Munich, but i think we'll give most a game, my expectations aren't so high though.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Haha can you imagine Cesc assisting a goal or scoring against them?

Home of Barca Fans