Which opponent do you prefer Barça to face on the CL 1/8?

Which opponent do you prefer Barça to face on the CL 1/8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Chances of facing different opponents:
A9Y394ZCUAIcjOK.jpg:large

As you can see, Milan is most likely with 23,192%, Arsenal is second with 21,252% and Porto is the least likely with 18,250%.
I would liek to know how the math is done there

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Everyone just wants to see us bash Arsenal about again.

I went for AC Milan. I've enjoyed our ties against them and it's always a big ocassion, even if they aren't at their strongest. I'm sure they will raise their level to meet us, but ultimately (hopefully) lose out to our awesomeness.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
since it's about probability you take the "favourable" outcomes and divide them with all possible outcomes.
I know how basic probability calculations are done... But this one here seems a really complex one. Normally we should have Porto, Arsenal, Shakhtar, Gala and Milan at 20% each because we hve 5 options. But then those clubs don't have the exact same options as do we. Therefore we have to consider other factors. I am curious to know how they did it

M

Malappapper

Yea... I'm amazed how many people voted for Galatasaray. Sure, if we played on a neutral field, but a trip to Turkey.... no thanks.
I would go for Arsenal > Milan > Porto > Galatasaray > Shakhtar

Turkish teams have been underperforming for some years now. They have suffered severe defeat after severe defeat on their own soil from teams much lesser than Barca. They are by far the weakest team we can draw for the Last 16 phase, and that is why so many voted for it.

Just tonight Fenerbache were mauled by Borussia Monchengadbach 0-3 in Turkey. People shouting on the stands does not affect football results very much.

M

Malappapper

I would liek to know how the math is done there

It's more possible for us to face Arsenal and AC Milan because they cannot face United and Juve respectively, whereas Porto, Galata and Shaktar can face anyone who finished first, except the team that was formerly in their own group.

In order of preference:

1. Galata
2. Shaktar/Porto/AC Milan/Arsenal about the same. With maybe Arsenal being a bit better maybe. But it mostly depends on form.

Last edited:

Boris

YYYes, Madrid can draw United or Juve. That would be a nice match. And about Barca, I'd be happy with Arsenal! It would be interesting match to watch, because thay can't ''park the bus'' !

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would love to draw droopy's team
2eltq3t.jpg

Arsenal would invite the usual English hyperbole that is never easy to stomach for very long

CatalinR10

If they're going to play against Galatasaray I will kill myself. Cluj was so close going into the next round and I live 150 km away from Cluj.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
IMO because we have a healthy lead in the league, we are better off facing a tough opponent now rather than later. coz it would be like a good warmup for later stages

M

mitkoa7x

Isnt the draw today?

It's December 20th

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans