Which one was the best treble?

Which treble was the best?

• Total voters

StarLord

Funny thing is: neither the 08/09 nor the 14/15 treble season were the best seasons but the 10/11 double season and not the 2009 sextuple year but the 2010 only 1 big title year was the best year in barca's history

I actually like that. It shows that greatness in football is not as measurable as one might think

09/10 was great on the part of Leo and Xavi, but Iniesta had an injury-ridden season, Ibra was nigh useless and that bus-ride to Milano allowed Inter and Jose to upset us in the CL. That was the most painful loss ever for me. That season ended on an extremely sour note for me.

As for the question at hand. Even though statistically this season has been better, even though during this season we have defeated infinitely better opponents than we did in 08/09, even though we did not require a controversial tie to win the Treble, 08/09 still takes the cake for me.

In terms of sheer entertainment that team was better than this one. In terms of aesthetics, again, 08/09 team is superior to the current one. Moreover, there was some great novelty in our 08/09 epic. 14/15 was "The Return of the King", while 08/09 was the creation of the "Fellowship" so to speak. Messi back then was still a rising young prospect (established for sure, but still under the shadow of CR) Xavi was at his imperious best (just watch our games from back then, he was simply astonishing) and Iniesta burst into pure world class territory. During the second half of our first treble-season, Iniesta simply gave "creative-midfield-play" an entirely new meaning! Anyone who missed out on that, will never fully know the unfathomable brilliance of Iniesta at his absolute best, he was pure magic in that season. As for Alves? Back then it was as if he had jet propulsion powered by a nuclear reactor. Pure dynamo back then, the most relentless player I have ever seen.

Moreover, back then, Barca's brilliance was not widely accepted. With the EPL dominating the previous couple of seasons (as well as 08/09, bar Barca) the Premface naysayers persisted with their sacrilegious ideology until the Rome final. 08/09 was the perfect mix of brilliance, entertainment, drama, shattering of expectations and results. A truly staggering feat in the history of European football.

Last edited:

Hellsangel

2008-2009. I remember we started off with a loss against Numancia and after that a draw. But after a while our new mesmerizing style kicked in and we began scoring with ease. There were lots of brilliant games: the 2-6 offcourse which is one of the best games I've ever seen, but also Bayern and Lyon in the CL, home game against Atleti which was 3-1 after like 10 minutes, etc.. An extremely entertaining season from start to finish with a lot of fresh elements (players, mentality, philosophy). And it had the best moment in football. El Díos del futbol acaba de bajar a Stanford Bridge :p

StarLord

^^^

The first game against Numancia we played brilliantly and created a ton of chances but atrocious finishing from Eto'o and Henry cost us the game. It was a bit like our loss to Celta this season.

serghei

2009 was the best because we humiliated Real Madrid. And the CL final performance was better. But, mostly, the 6-2 on the Bernabeu was decisive in my pick.

raki

2014/2015.
Against better teams we showed real power. In 2009 not so much. Specially in CL: a masterclass in the knock stage to every team.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans