Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Which CB would you sign?

• Total voters

Eetu

Adormit
Maxime Gonalons (lyon) would be a good shout, his stats looks frightening. Averages 4 tackles and 3.4 interceptions per game this season. That's one of best defensive records in Europe this season.
But he's never really been hyped by the media/internet and not many clubs, if at all any, linked to him either, which is quite surprising.
I wonder if Rosell browse this Forum.

I remember there being some buzz a couple years back. There was also some paper talk about him being on the list of options before Song was signed. Is he playing in defense nowadays?

Boris

I think our coaching staff will realise the need for CB, because Puyol wont be here forever

Micah

I remember there being some buzz a couple years back. There was also some paper talk about him being on the list of options before Song was signed. Is he playing in defense nowadays?

He play's mostly as a DMF, but i don't see how he wouldn't fit into the CB role. He's got outstanding positional discipline(unlike Song),and doesn't really like to drift way too forward. So a move to defense wouldn't be all that risky. He's comfortable with the ball and a decent passer aswell but most importantly he's got pace in him. It's still highly unlikely we might make a move but i think he would be perfect for us.

He was pretty solid against Spurs in the EL the other day, 4 interceptions and made 10 successful tackles!!

aaron101

Hummels & Pique can't play together. Why? Because both are slow and are attack minded. Hummels also likes to go forward and do some playmaking like Pique. They have a lot of similarities. If he face a fast-counter attacking team like Dortmund, Bayern, Madrid.. we will get owned in the counters for sure.

ceefoo

Ideally someone like Abidal.
Are there no top quality CB's that have Barca standard technical ability, are Strong in the Air, Fast and available to buy in the summer?
What's happened to these types of players?
Not familiar with all the names suggested. Does any of them meet this criterea?

Sergio Ramos and I'm not kidding either. He linked up perfectly with Pique last summer in the Euros.

Didn't Rosell say that there's a Real player he's wanted for years? :rosell:

Not gonna happen unless Ramos hands in a transfer request or something though. And he's a walking red card, so I'm not sure I'd want him. He partners well with Pique though, no doubt about that.

oz187

At Real Ramos is a walking red card, but was that the case at the Euros? If he's in the more calming Barca environment where the focus is more on maintaining concentration and position rather than constant individual battles I could see that getting handled. Real won't want to sell to us though. Maybe if that Neymar stuff was true and they had to pay Barca a chunk of money to get Neymar, maybe then they could use Ramos to make that deal affordable. They do have Varane coming through now and they may be happy to get rid of Ramos as they may see him as a disruptive influence have gone against Mourinho.

B

beautifulgame

Silva would have been good.

Now marquinhos or Dede or the Brazilian Roma snatched from Corinthians for 6 mil.

Hummels is very good but will suffer more at Barca plus for 35 why didn't we grab effin Silva who is much better?

aaron101

Silva would have been good.

Now marquinhos or Dede or the Brazilian Roma snatched from Corinthians for 6 mil.

Hummels is very good but will suffer more at Barca plus for 35 why didn't we grab effin Silva who is much better?

Forget about Thiago Silva, we offered him to come to Barca but he wanted to be one of the highest paid player on the squad so that's why he went to PSG. He's always injured, he's like Adriano who is always injured every month. He didn't even play in the 1st leg against Valencia because he's still injured.

B

beautifulgame

I meant to look pass Silva now but I was just saying why all of a sudden many people want to pay 35 mil for lesser player in Hummels?

Home of Barca Fans