Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Which CB would you sign?

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ramos or Thiago Silva would be perfect but that's not gonna happen.
I wouldn't mind Moreno or Inigo Martinez.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
My preferences would be Inigo Martinez (cheap, young, great quality), some of the Bilbao defenders such as Laporte, Aurtenexte, or Ramalho (also young, talented, cheap, and quality), or Marquinhos because I am jealous of Madrid for having a young star in Varane :lol:

As for the others:
-Sakho has attitude problems
-Hummels is too expensive and Dortmund wouldn't want to sell
-Vertonghen just moved to Spurs who wouldn't want to sell
-Agger loves Liverpool and Skrtel doesn't seem good to me
-Vermaelen is overrated, injury prone, and error prone
-David Luiz is bad defensively and is doing better as a DM than a CB. Seems like another Mascherano except with Puyols hair.
-Don't know enough about Lovren to have a solid opinion.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Hummels. Not a shred of doubt. Just the thought of having him in our defense makes me feel safe. It also make me salivate.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Athletic defender Fernando Amorebieta (27), whose contract expires in June, is another centre back option for Barcelona this summer.

dont know tooooo much about him.. but hes free.

Boris

Amorebieta, really ?! I don't like that idea, NO. What frightens me is that we could actually go for a free player like Amorebieta, and waste all the money on the attacker like Neymar.

Meitux

My preferences would be Inigo Martinez (cheap, young, great quality), some of the Bilbao defenders such as Laporte, Aurtenexte, or Ramalho (also young, talented, cheap, and quality), or Marquinhos because I am jealous of Madrid for having a young star in Varane :lol:

As for the others:
-Sakho has attitude problems
-Hummels is too expensive and Dortmund wouldn't want to sell
-Vertonghen just moved to Spurs who wouldn't want to sell
-Agger loves Liverpool and Skrtel doesn't seem good to me
-Vermaelen is overrated, injury prone, and error prone
-David Luiz is bad defensively and is doing better as a DM than a CB. Seems like another Mascherano except with Puyols hair.
we need world class CB not average and inexperienced players....

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
we need world class CB not average and inexperienced players....

They are great players they just aren't heavily overhyped players that are known by everyone and have huge price tags. Inigo Martinez has experience and is great. The others are somewhat inexperienced (except for Aurtenexte) but they still are really good. And the thing about these players is that they would fit in Barcelona perfectly because they speak Spanish (except for Marquinhos) and could easily integrate and learn the style of play.

AvocadoCake

I haven't seen Sakho too much, but from what I have seen he's a beast. Also, his situation in PSG would mean that they probably wouldn't be too stubborn on a transfer fee. He's also young and experienced, won't cost as much as Hummels and considering his unhappiness not too long ago (not sure how it is now) he might well be willing to take a pay cut.

89Norcal

Depending on Tito's confidence to man-manage, I think Sakho should be an obvious choice. Otherwise some smaller club will swoop him up for a great deal and reap the benefits.

You hardly see big clubs conducting what most would consider excellent transfer negotiations like Swansea or Newcastle. It always has to be the super highly rated player that's the only consideration.

Also, Sakho's unfavorable position at PSG with Ancelotti should be taken into account, for all the people disregarding him for his clashes with Carlo alone. If a player is genuinely unsettled that will happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

On his day, Lovren is among the best defenders out there. He had a long term injury after which he didn't get back to his old self.
He's not a starter for Croatia either. He would come cheap as Lyon is about to sell many players but there's too much risk.

Micah

Maxime Gonalons (lyon) would be a good shout, his stats looks frightening. Averages 4 tackles and 3.4 interceptions per game this season. That's one of best defensive records in Europe this season.
But he's never really been hyped by the media/internet and not many clubs, if at all any, linked to him either, which is quite surprising.
I wonder if Rosell browse this Forum.

Home of Barca Fans