What shirt sponser would you prefer on our shirt?

Which sponsor would you prefer Barca to use?

• UNICEF

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other Major Sponsorship

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
um no it doesn't. the font on the logo is perfect, the colour fits in brilliantly and that globe logo on the side is awesome. blank shirt would look so empty and boring. seriously.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's a question of personal taste obviously but you're in a very small minority with your views. We've had blank shirts throughout our history up until 2006 and that's how the majority of fans prefer it. There's nothing more beautiful than simply blaugrana stripes IMO.

maz

I walk the line
So empty and boring? The blank shirt is the history of the club! When i see a blank shirt, it reminds me of més que un club.

S

Snyde

I'd rather have blank shirts tbh. Hope we don't renew the Unicef deal. Are we really gaining that much out of it?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well obviously it's not about what we gain but I think we've made the gesture and it would be nice to return to the traditional unspoiled stripes.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I still think that you will get commercial sponsorship soon because its a valuable resource of income and Laporta played a cute game in slowly building up to it with a charity on the shirt at first. I have no doubts that his real goal in that unicef deal was to introduce the idea to the supporters and after a few years bring in commercial sponsorship.

Laporta or whoever will become the next president will get great delight because without doubt Barca would get the biggest sponsorship in monetary terms in history.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Ed, that's a flawed logic because Laporta is leaving next summer and will have no scope for bringing in a commercial sponsor before he leaves. The next president may decide to go down that route, we don't know, but that particular issue will be very important in determining where my vote goes.

S

Snyde

Well obviously it's not about what we gain but I think we've made the gesture and it would be nice to return to the traditional unspoiled stripes.
It is about what we gain. It's not like Barca are more popular than Unicef that we have to promote them. It's really that we are using them to further our image as 'more than a club'. But one has to step back and ask if the money we're giving them and the popularity and good name it's giving us are coming out in our advantage or atleast equal measure. If not then we should not extend this deal at all.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I was speaking in monetary terms, obviously we're not in this deal for the profit. Obviously we gain a reputation boost and that's great but I think the impact will have weakened now.

S

Snyde

Haha we give them 1.5 ME plus have their ugly logo on our jerseys and do tons of other stuff...how can one even imagine monetary benefit?

My main point being that, I really feel there is little to be gained now. We rather promote the Mes campaign than Unicef if we have to stick to charities (waste of time and space imo)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
What if all the president elects are in favour or commercial sponsorship?

they won't be.

a move like actual commercial shirt sponsorship is something only an elected and established president could pull off (and by pull off, I mean enact. they'd be hated for it but would already be elected so wouldn't feel the effects THAT much).

you will never get elected with commercial shirt sponsorship attached to your campaign. not at barca.

I'd like a return to the blank blaugrana but wouldn't mind if we renewed unicef.

S

Snyde

Quite true. Does anyone think it's the right time to start discussing the candidates?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We don't really know who they will be yet, once a couple more declare their intent to stand and outline their proposals then we can discuss them.

Home of Barca Fans