WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

impeh

Hi, its me..
News just in, and the 2022 World Cup in Qatar could be switched from summer to winter if medical evidence shows that players could be harmed by the extreme heat in the Middle Eastern country.

Jerome Valcke, the general secretary of football's world governing body Fifa, said: "Maybe the FIFA Exco (Executive Committee) will say based on medical reports or whatever, 'We really have to look at playing the World Cup not in summer but in winter'."

.. tis a while away but still :icon_neutral:

Jenks

I don't see how they'd manage that. Makes much more sense to just play the game at night surely?

F

Flavia

Next week games:

2pqjiw8.jpg

Standings:

flc21d.jpg

barcanuck

Ahhh the one in Bolivia is draining, he will be at 1000 meters above sea level for 90 minutes, don't like that one. Definetely needs to be rested the next league match after that.

F

Flavia

Ahhh the one in Bolivia is draining, he will be at 1000 meters above sea level for 90 minutes, don't like that one. Definetely needs to be rested the next league match after that.
Not 1000m, but 3660m above sea level :smiley_scared: It's really demanding. Argentina lost there to Bolivia 6-1 in 2009, during the qualification to wc2010.

Kerrybai

Argentina have been great in front of goal over the past 18 months but still very shaky in defence. Messi has 12 goals in his last 10 appearances although he failed to score in his last 2. Coming off the back of that Milan game I expect him to be on fire vs Venezuela. Anything could happen in Bolivia, and Messi will most likely be drained when he returns.

Home of Barca Fans