Virgil van Dijk

JamDav1982

Have we? We just signed a "kid" for 150m euros. From Dortmund. Who wont become good until Messi retires. While people fantasized about Verratti for three years.

Wont become good until after Messi retires?

What on earth are you on about.

Jombi

What are you really complaining about then? Or are you just complaining 24/7 for the sake of complaining?

The players you mentioned like Lemar had a 100m bid rejected last summer.

Only a delusional person thinks our transfer history is good. Its mostly rubbish and it has nothing to do with not trying hard enough to sign players like Verratti.

Yes, I suggested Lemar two summers ago. This summer he had a great CL run behind him and he blew up in a bidding war between rich clubs. We are not the only club with money and its getting even more crowded in the market.

Devils

Would much, much rather have Coutinho for 150m than Lemar/Fabinho/Keita or whoever for 60-80m or whatever they are going for nowadays.

JamDav1982

Only a delusional person thinks our transfer history is good. Its mostly rubbish and it has nothing to do with not trying hard enough to sign players like Verratti.

Yes, I suggested Lemar two summers ago. This summer he had a great CL run behind him and he blew up in a bidding war between rich clubs. We are not the only club with money and its getting even more crowded in the market.

You have suggested a whole heap of players that have been nowhere near good enough and the transfer history is nowhere near as bad as likes of you try to make out.

Gusjaros

Would much, much rather have Coutinho for 150m than Lemar/Fabinho/Keita or whoever for 60-80m or whatever they are going for nowadays.

If Van Dijk costs 75 million, then what will Coutinho cost?

Lemar/Fabinho/keita are not world class players like Coutinho. The same goes for Dembele.

Jair Ventura

Lemar, Fabinho, and Keita aren't the same type of players as Countinho so I don't understand the comparison. Fabinho, for example, is a top 5 player in the world at his role/position.

Devils

If Van Dijk costs 75 million, then what will Coutinho cost?

Lemar/Fabinho/keita are not world class players like Coutinho. The same goes for Dembele.

Those players are miles behind Coutinho and will likely never be as good.

Not so simple to say if VVD cost 85m then Coutinho will cost X amount. Liverpool are desperate for defenders and need him to improve their chances to finish top 4 so they had to bite the bullet and pay up for him.

Barca aren't in the same situation, we've been haggling Liverpool for quite some time now and Coutinho himself is desperate to come here. I think this transfer will drag on into the summer if needed with pressure building on Liverpool.

Jenks

It's a good signing but I don't think it'll have the effect that Liverpool fans are hoping for. Their defensive problems are structural, they go a lot deeper than dodgy centre backs. Hell, Lovren was great under Pochettino lest we forget...

serghei

It's a good signing but I don't think it'll have the effect that Liverpool fans are hoping for. Their defensive problems are structural, they go a lot deeper than dodgy centre backs. Hell, Lovren was great under Pochettino lest we forget...

True.

Jair Ventura

Those players are miles behind Coutinho and will likely never be as good.

Not so simple to say if VVD cost 85m then Coutinho will cost X amount. Liverpool are desperate for defenders and need him to improve their chances to finish top 4 so they had to bite the bullet and pay up for him.

Barca aren't in the same situation, we've been haggling Liverpool for quite some time now and Coutinho himself is desperate to come here. I think this transfer will drag on into the summer if needed with pressure building on Liverpool.

Fabinho had a better season than Countinho ever has just last season and is the same age. Can play RB, CDM, or even an advanced CM role at a high level. Would be excellent in practically any league; English, Spanish, whatever.

JamDav1982

Fabinho had a better season than Countinho ever has just last season and is the same age. Can play RB, CDM, or even an advanced CM role at a high level. Would be excellent in practically any league; English, Spanish, whatever.

Haha did he fuck and any top club asked to choose between the two would choose Coutinho.

Your level of delusion knows no bounds.

Jair Ventura

While Fabinho was enjoying the highs of winning league titles and deep runs in the champions league Countinho was doing everything in his power to leave the small time club that is Liverpool FC. ;)

Home of Barca Fans