Virgil van Dijk

Jombi

Neymar had a buyout clause so he's irrelevant here.

I'm not the one who said Pogba would cost 200m.

Neither will Coutinho. Probably won't even be 150m euros straight up.

Premier League clubs buying from each other always lead to this, or buying within your own league in general. Paying over the top.

Neymar isnt irrelevant. It shows how much money is in the game, simple as that. His total price was far higher than 225m so you were dead wrong about how long it would take to smash the 200m barrier. Premier League clubs buying from each other is no argument for why prices in the EPL have more than doubled in a very short time. You even fantasized that Coutinho would cost less than 100m euros. You are delusional.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar isnt irrelevant. It shows how much money is in the game, simple as that. His total price was far higher than 225m so you were dead wrong about how long it would take to smash the 200m barrier. Premier League clubs buying from each other is no argument for why prices in the EPL have more than doubled in a very short time. You even fantasized that Coutinho would cost less than 100m euros. You are delusional.

Okay then. I'll still want to sign him instead of fantasizing about kids in their teens or early 20s who won't turn good before Messi is drinking piña coladas on the coast of Argentina.

JamDav1982

Pogba was never ever going to move for 200m.

You seem to pick and choose a bit when to apply the market price of players today.

You try to make out Barca are paying too much if making likes of Semedo 'one of most expensive RBs ever' and ignoring the market as it is today.

Jombi

Okay then. I'll still want to sign him instead of fantasizing about kids in their teens or early 20s who won't turn good before Messi is drinking piña coladas on the coast of Argentina.

Irrelevant. Coutinho isnt coming for 90m euros or even 100m when van Dijk moves for 85m euros. Liverpool must be dumb as hell to offload Coutinho for that sum. Look at the prices in the market and its clear you are delusional. We signed a "kid" for 150m euros who you probably think wont turn good until Messi retires. And then you believe a superstar like Coutinho who play for a very rich club will go on the cheap. Thats wishful thinking.

DonAK

Irrelevant. Coutinho isnt coming for 90m euros or even 100m when van Dijk moves for 85m euros. Liverpool must be dumb as hell to offload Coutinho for that sum. Look at the prices in the market and its clear you are delusional. We signed a "kid" for 150m euros who you probably think wont turn good until Messi retires. And then you believe a superstar like Coutinho who play for a very rich club will go on the cheap. Thats wishful thinking.

Ok dude, stop drinking the bleach every time a big money transfer happens. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

JamDav1982

Who is saying Coutinho is coming for 90-100m euros?

DonAK

Who is saying Coutinho is coming for 90-100m euros?

I said in the summer a bid of 90-100m euros + incentives amounting to a total of 120-130m would be reasonable. He's hitting his head against the wall for that.

JamDav1982

I said in the summer a bid of 90-100m euros + incentives amounting to a total of 120-130m would be reasonable. He's hitting his head against the wall for that.

He said Barca could get Lemar & Keita for combined that much as well I think. Even less I think he thought combined 60-70m.

Which was even further off.

When players who he thinks will be 'cheap' and he likes he underplays the price and when players he doesnt want he points to it being impossible in market or a 'record' etc.

Changes all the time.

Jombi

To be honest, I pay little attention to what you write so you might well have claimed that 130m is the lowest he would go for, but I suspect you are just making up stuff now because you know you've been delusional. Plenty of people in here have thrown around the sub-100m price for Coutinho, and thats just ridiculous. He's an attacking superstar for a very rich club, and that hasnt changed. We would smash our transfer record for Coutinho, thats certain.

DonAK

To be honest, I pay little attention to what you write so you might well have claimed that 130m is the lowest he would go for, but I suspect you are just making up stuff now because you know you've been delusional. Plenty of people in here have thrown around the sub-100m price for Coutinho, and thats just ridiculous. He's an attacking superstar for a very rich club, and that hasnt changed. We would smash our transfer record for Coutinho, thats certain.

And you'd rather we sign three players for that sum like we've pretty much been doing for the last three years now?

Vilarrubi

And you'd rather we sign three players for that sum like we've pretty much been doing for the last three years now?

+1

Our board can’t be trusted with prospects or hopeful players. Then we end up with Paco, Gomes, Arda etc

Rather them go all out for already proven players. The cost doesn’t matter that much.

Jombi

Have we? We just signed a "kid" for 150m euros. From Dortmund. Who wont become good until Messi retires. While people fantasized about Verratti for three years.

JamDav1982

+1

Our board can’t be trusted with prospects or hopeful players. Then we end up with Paco, Gomes, Arda etc

Rather them go all out for already proven players. The cost doesn’t matter that much.

Or Umtiti, Ter Stegen etc and 30m for Paco in this market is not bad. He is a decent back up.

Every club misses some when signing less expensive players.

DonAK

Have we? We just signed a "kid" for 150m euros. From Dortmund. Who wont become good until Messi retires. While people fantasized about Verratti for three years.

What are you really complaining about then? Or are you just complaining 24/7 for the sake of complaining?

The players you mentioned like Lemar had a 100m bid rejected last summer. Who's the new flavour of the month? Fekir? Aouar?

Dembele has proven to be more than a kid in two leagues. Aouar has not, neither has Maxime Lopez. Fekir would be a decent option, but he plays a lot through the middle and lacks some pace which would be a bit problematic at Barca, don't you think?

Home of Barca Fans