Vinícius Júnior

khaled_a_d

He is a good talent, but hard to predict his ceiling tbh. Probably a good starting winger in a big club with potential to be a star.

PhilS

Yowsa. Bale is toast with RM, they've got to play this kid. He is electric, and he fits so well with a counterattacking team like RM.

shadows

He had a few bad decisions in the first half where with better decisions, Real would've been up by more than a goal. But those will improve with experience. Considering it was his first Clasico, looks quite promising. But then again, he was up against Pique :lol:. So can't really tell

mc_lovin

Vinicius hit the jackpot. it was never easier getting into the team. For me its just a purple patch for now. I still havent seen the greatness yet - just a few very good scenes, but nothing obscenely talented. He can get there though. His developement will be very interesting.

EdmondDantes

See post 79.

RM paid €61 million for him in total. €45 million to Flamengo, €8 million to his family and €8 million to his agent(s)). MD wrote a detailed article about it yesterday and how Vinicius' entourage ran away from the deal that they had with us.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-traicion-barca-fichaje-2017-real-madrid.html

We agreed to pay his then 30 million release clause, brought his family over to Barcelona and they used the same trip to Spain to fly to Madrid and use us as a bargaining tool. I had no idea we were even in for him, let alone go as far as essentially signing him - had his family and agent kept their word. At 16.

-

And yes, he's a hell-hound in terms of pressing and tracking back. He stunned Rakitic and Busquets in the first half winning the ball off of them.

Difficult to 'hate' a kid like him, even if he's a Real Madrid player and cost them 60 million. He's nothing like Neymar on the pitch. Plays simple, works hard and seems eager to improve.

I thought he was gonna be shit, because whenever I saw him play he never looked special.

Messigician

Has nothing on Neymar. He can't finish. Move him to wing back and play Marcelo winger. That's what i would do if i was coach.

PhilS

Well, he clearly has better speed than Neymar. To even be compared to Neymar, at only 18 years old! He just destroyed Atletico Madrid, who do have a reputation for defense.

I hate Real Madrid, but now I want to see them play. Hard to predict quite how he will develop, but this is the type of talent that might lead to him being the best player of the 2020's.

Home of Barca Fans