Villarreal CF

Beast

The Observer
Thing is .. it's not just Villarreal..
both Real & Barca have 3 games in a span of a week (u have 4 in 10 days ) .. Villarreal on Saturday , Tenerife in midweek and Seville the following weekend
so don't just expect hard games but edgy nerves with or without Inter positive or negative result

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I thought Villareal looked very good at the weekend. Watched about half the game, they were moving the ball around superbly, even with the dodgy refereeing at the other end. Nilmar and Rossi are a great strike pair.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I thought Villareal looked very good at the weekend. Watched about half the game, they were moving the ball around superbly, even with the dodgy refereeing at the other end. Nilmar and Rossi are a great strike pair.

I had a feeling despite the doubters that Villarreal would continue to be competitive this season but with such high turnover I wasn't expecting them to be as exciting to watch as they are. They aren't great and they will stumble but so far they have played the best football in La Liga. I was more excited about Valencia and Atleti coming into this season and I still think those two are favourites for the other CL spots, but Villarreal is back to being one of my favourites thanks to their typical positive approach to football. I love how this organization is run.

While I don't think Rossi will be around after this season and I'm not a huge Nilmar fan, this is the first time they have found a strike partnership that compliments each other since Rossi arrived.

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
gotta love this team, small organization run as well as it could be run and with their small shrewd buys over the season along with developing some young talent they have a squad that has the potential to make the CL once again

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
gotta love this team, small organization run as well as it could be run and with their small shrewd buys over the season along with developing some young talent they have a squad that has the potential to make the CL once again

They have one of, if not the best South American scouting team in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans