Van Persie

Bergkamp10

what else do you expect from them when game after game every single team are tring from start to finish literally to kick them out of the game???

and btw, you have much bigger problems to solve than the ' ooh, i don't like when they surround refs after fouls...' arsenal need their fans more than ever now and they waste all their time on this nonsense, which is leading them nowhere. sad....

Yeah Arsenal get kicked off the pitch sometimes but our players don't all surround the ref. The only mouthy one really is Fabregas.

What are you talking about? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on other matters being Arsenal are in a bad run at the moment? Some how I don't think me commenting on Barcelona players surrounding the ref on the internet is going to affect the Arsenal players' form. And I do support my team by attending games week after week not that I need to justify myself to you.

LOL watch the video from 25 seconds onwards! You seriously telling me RVP did not mean to hurt Messi at all? That he was going for the ball :lol: It's clear he's not going for the ball so what else is RVP trying to do? :lol:

seriously from 25 seconds onwards, what is your running commentary on his challenge? You still say he tried to get the ball and was late? If you do, I'm sorry but I believe you have Arsenal tinted sunglasses on m8.

As for me saying Barton's tackle on diaby was fair..... I said the initial tackle was fair but the force of the follow through was reckless and Diaby could have had his leg broken and that Barton could easily have seen a red card on another day!

You've never heard of a reducer tackle in all your years of watching football? A challenge designed to hurt the most skillfull players on the opposing team to reduce their ability to perofrm at the their best, or even better force them to be substitued! It is a tactic Van Persie and his teammates employed in the World Cup final (De Jong & Van Bommel in particular) and I will not put it past RVP doing the same to progress to UCL 1/4 finals.

That's just my opinion on the matter. You disagree with me and think I'm wrong. Fair enough m8.

And I think you have anti-RvP sunglasses on. I know where you're coming from but we'll have to agree to disagree here.

CesDel

Do you think Van Persie was right with this statement? Yep. :p

oh the irony :lol:

Did barca nag about the wrongly disallowed goal in the first leg as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

did barca nag about the possible penalties in emirates as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

did barca nag about song not getting a second yellow for continuous foul as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

did barca nag about the penalty that messi should have had in the first half as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

etc etc

In there is one thing that arsenal are better than barca it is nagging.

karthik

When I saw that tackle made by him during the game, I felt it was intentional. Have no respect towards RVP, but footballing wise he gives us a lot of jaw dropping moments to enjoy.

iookram

IMO the tackle is all the evidence you need! Messi is not going anywhere dangerous! Messi Running back towards his own half!

scaled.php

I would implore anyone neutral to watch that video and defy them to tell me that RVP did not intend to hurt Messi so that it would adversely affected his performance or even force him off through injury.

Anyway we are both sticking to our opinions it seems.

As for me saying those things because I dislike RVP, that is not the case. He is a dirty player period in my book, and in my years of watching him, it is not the first time I've seen him fly into tackles dangerously or use sly use his arms/elbow/hands to ruffle a player.

Clearly a cunning, dirty tackle. If he had meant to go for the ball, he would've hit Messi's right leg instead. And if that were mistimed, his foot would have ended up in between Messi's legs and hence tripping Messi. No chance that it would've ended up getting Messi at where it did.

I play football for my school(right winger) and I've made a few bad tackles that I'm not proud of. So I know that there is no way he would've hit Messi on his left foot if he had gone for the ball.

I don't think that van Persie is a dirty player and had gone in to seriously injure Messi. I just think that van Persie wanted to make Messi play "more withdrawn"(more cautiously) so as to avoid other such tackles(as he would then be further from goal).

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
RvP is a douche, everyone knows that. Still coming up with excuses on why Arsenal got their asses handed to them by Barca.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Clearly a cunning, dirty tackle. If he had meant to go for the ball, he would've hit Messi's right leg instead. And if that were mistimed, his foot would have ended up in between Messi's legs and hence tripping Messi. No chance that it would've ended up getting Messi at where it did.

I play football for my school(right winger) and I've made a few bad tackles that I'm not proud of. So I know that there is no way he would've hit Messi on his left foot if he had gone for the ball.

I don't think that van Persie is a dirty player and had gone in to seriously injure Messi. I just think that van Persie wanted to make Messi play "more withdrawn"(more cautiously) so as to avoid other such tackles(as he would then be further from goal).

I agree to some extent but then again that's dirty stuff to do.
Funny thing is that it was exactly after that tackle, that Messi came to life and started doing some awesome runs and finally got the goal.

And RVP better stop nagging about Barca players nagging(And stop proving that he knows pretty well what he did in the match...)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No goal. garbage links please.
The irony. One of the most annoying footballers accuses someone of being annoying :lol:
Or speaks of moaning when his manager is a perfect epitome.

Sells papers though. Human stupidity always does.

poncirus

oh the irony :lol:

Did barca nag about the wrongly disallowed goal in the first leg as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

did barca nag about the possible penalties in emirates as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

did barca nag about song not getting a second yellow for continuous foul as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

did barca nag about the penalty that messi should have had in the first half as much as arsenal nagged about van persie's second yellow? no

etc etc

In there is one thing that arsenal are better than barca it is nagging.

This.

And remember games with Chelsea 2 years ago. Today, after media brainwashing, any neutral would say it was "robbery", "disgrace", "Barca cheated"...

Let's see.

In the first leg clear penalty on Henry - referee doesn't see it.

Ballack doesn't get a red card, where his own mother would have probably sent him off.

Second leg, Ballack handball in the penalty box.

Red for Abidal - completely unjustified.

Did Barcelona players whine and nag about these bad decisions, especially penalties? Did they whine when they had clear penalties turned down vs Inter or Arsenal. No, they just went on wwith their football.

Not a 1% like Arsenal, Inter and especially Chelsea, who all have one in common: they played vile and looked to cause an incident on the pitch. Because their football is inferior.

I'm OK with that. But it becomes insane when these teams (and I mean especially EPL ones), their deluded fans and braindead media, come so classless to pose indignation and claim high moral ground. After all the hysteria and circus they produce on the pitch.

And yes, Barca are nagging, because they get beaten week in week out opposition that has inferior quality but also unhealthy obsession with winning at all cost. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoeiWgavHg

But never have Barca come with that classless, sick, shameful shit like Chelsea did for example. If EPL fans want to see how "pressuring the ref" really looks like, watch that game. That was disgusting and was so happy we beat that team the way we did.

Last edited:

Ataraxia

you might not know this as avid Barca fans, but seeing the Barca players surround the referee at some occasions is just too comical. I don't think he even cares about the complaining at the ref, but the method of nagging is really comical, to a frustrating extent.

poncirus

It's the defense mechanism against getting violated by inferior teams.

On the other hand, I find this recent EPL agenda of hysteric pressuring of the refs, along with distorting facts in media, apalling and sick.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Let's c... He did try to hurt messi at the moment, was frustrated but I
Don't think to the point to break a leg or ankle. Second he's a sore loser vagina is still sore and torn up...
That's that.

gingerless

you might not know this as avid Barca fans, but seeing the Barca players surround the referee at some occasions is just too comical. I don't think he even cares about the complaining at the ref, but the method of nagging is really comical, to a frustrating extent.

i feel the same way when players milk aaaages for a legit tackle

Ataraxia

dude, me too, but there's something peculiar about the Barca thing, they look like schoolchildren ratting at their friends.

Last edited:

Robbie

I wish our players acted the same way around the ref, then maybe we would actually get some decisions going our way instead of complaining about it afterwards.

Games like Sunderland where Bramble grabbed Arshavin's shirt in the box then pushed him to the ground, or against Newcastle where 2 incredibly soft penalties were given against us, etc. I hate that our players suddenly find their voices after the fact in the press, instead of when it matters. The current winning clubs (Chelsea, Barca, United) surround the ref, fight every decision and it shows.

Home of Barca Fans