Van Persie

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Football player in defending themselves shocker. And he's not a dirty player, when has he tried to break another players leg before? I can remember a deliberate foul on Adebayor last season as revenge but thats it.

he did lunge and elbow Sorensen that one time. and he only seemed to do it because Arsenal, and him in particular, were playing like shit and I think losing. he shoulda caught way more shit for that.

and, yeah, the tackle on Messi was an ankle-breaker and a deserved red. it got lost in all the rest of the hullabaloo of that match, but no one can look at that and seriously claim he deserved to stay on.

also your "he was going for the ball!" defence is darkly comic if you were one of those people who lambasted Shawcross for his "tackle" on Rambo (when really it was a big guy and a little guy flying in for a 50/50 at full pelt, and big surprise the little guy broke). fair enough if you weren't, though.

I happen to believe his tackle was done with the same intent as Ujfalusi's, i.e. "I'm stopping you however I can." no intent to injure, sure, but absolutely ZERO attempt to avoid dangerous play.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
I dislike Van Persie and think he's a douche in all cases that he is not playing for Oranje ;)

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
i dont understand why what he said is such a big deal. dude plays for Arsene Wenger. Does this really surprise anyone?

Pitbull2k4

Van Persie is ok until he gets pissed off. He's like a little child, he can't control himself anymore. That's how he got the two yellows. He does the same thing in the Dutch national team, which is why I hate having him there.

Yesterday he got another stupid yellow for putting his hands in someones face. After which he complained to the ref that he didn't see the guy coming up behind him. Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Van Persie is ok until he gets pissed off. He's like a little child, he can't control himself anymore. That's how he got the two yellows. He does the same thing in the Dutch national team, which is why I hate having him there.

Yesterday he got another stupid yellow for putting his hands in someones face. After which he complained to the ref that he didn't see the guy coming up behind him. Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

yep he seems to have some serious visual and auditory problems. also lacks creativity in lying.

Bergkamp10

he did lunge and elbow Sorensen that one time. and he only seemed to do it because Arsenal, and him in particular, were playing like shit and I think losing. he shoulda caught way more shit for that.

and, yeah, the tackle on Messi was an ankle-breaker and a deserved red. it got lost in all the rest of the hullabaloo of that match, but no one can look at that and seriously claim he deserved to stay on.

also your "he was going for the ball!" defence is darkly comic if you were one of those people who lambasted Shawcross for his "tackle" on Rambo (when really it was a big guy and a little guy flying in for a 50/50 at full pelt, and big surprise the little guy broke). fair enough if you weren't, though.

I happen to believe his tackle was done with the same intent as Ujfalusi's, i.e. "I'm stopping you however I can." no intent to injure, sure, but absolutely ZERO attempt to avoid dangerous play.

Of course it wasn't a red card, for me a red card should be 2 footed or off the ground with studs showing and RvP's was just clumsy. Van Persie was going for the ball and so was Shawcross. I think Shawcross was reckless but his tackle was mistimed and accidental much like RvP's. He's had a lot of injury trouble so I don't think he'd wish that on another talented player.

Did you hate having him there when he scored for you yesterday? I'm sure you'd rather see that donkey Huntelaar instead then yeah?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Still going with he tried to get the ball eh? And this after starting video from 25 seconds? I just can't fathom that point of view. For me his intentions are clear and it is to take the player, not the ball.

iookram

Still going with he tried to get the ball eh? And this after starting video from 25 seconds? I just can't fathom that point of view. For me his intentions are clear and it is to take the player, not the ball.

Clearly malicious intent. Warrants at least a yellow. Possibly a red card.

Robbie

Never malicious intent. As someone who has suffered for so long from such tackles he would never inflict it on someone else.

X

xaviniesta

robin-van-persie-complain.jpg

Home of Barca Fans