Van Persie

Heath Newton

But they're in the CL, largely thanks to him...

undeniably, and that HAS to be the catalyst to somehow entice better players there, cos they're not gonna win it with this team, and if it goes un-improved upon again this summer, then he might as well not have bothered, imo.

plus, even liverpool have won a trophy this year (and may even win two) yet arsenal look as far away as ever.

it's surely trophies he's after, and not the prospect of another fruitless year carrying a team to quarters and semis?

Robbie

He has also scored some spectacular goals for Arsenal, but that's not the point. Vela doesn't work for the team and was too lazy/nonchalant in big games. All he would do was jog around the pitch while everyone else was sprinting to get into scoring positions. We had a bit of an injury crisis and Vela was supposed to play at Camp Nou in the champions league, but he forgot his damn passport and was ineligible. Wenger dropped him after that, and he got even worse (confidence? attitude?)

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
He has also scored some spectacular goals for Arsenal, but that's not the point. Vela doesn't work for the team and was too lazy/nonchalant in big games. All he would do was jog around the pitch while everyone else was sprinting to get into scoring positions. We had a bit of an injury crisis and Vela was supposed to play at Camp Nou in the champions league, but he forgot his damn passport and was ineligible. Wenger dropped him after that, and he got even worse (confidence? attitude?)

No I feel ya, he was like that with the NT and hasn't been called up, while
Gio and Hernandez are busting there ass he's chillen, but now I feel like he's changing a bit? Maturing more? Idk hope he plays in the Olympics and stays in Spain, think la liga suits him
More.

Robbie

No I feel ya, he was like that with the NT and hasn't been called up, while
Gio and Hernandez are busting there ass he's chillen, but now I feel like he's changing a bit? Maturing more? Idk hope he plays in the Olympics and stays in Spain, think la liga suits him
More.

He's living the easy life in San Sebastian. Midtable with no pressure on him, sunny weather, and all the parties he could ever want. Wish we had gotten Chicharito instead. Reminds me of when Man United signed Giuseppe Rossi and at the same time we got Arturo Lupoli. Their Italian turns out to be a good striker, our Italian gets homesick and forces a transfer (and ruined his career, now stuck in Serie B). They sign C-Ronaldo, we sign Jose Reyes. etc. etc. It goes on and on.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He's living the easy life in San Sebastian. Midtable with no pressure on him, sunny weather, and all the parties he could ever want. Wish we had gotten Chicharito instead. Reminds me of when Man United signed Giuseppe Rossi and at the same time we got Arturo Lupoli. Their Italian turns out to be a good striker, our Italian gets homesick and forces a transfer (and ruined his career, now stuck in Serie B). They sign C-Ronaldo, we sign Jose Reyes. etc. etc. It goes on and on.

Well Man U signed Djemba-Djemba you signed Edu. Man U signed Kleberson you signed Gilberto. Two key players in you being the best team in england from 2002-2004.

B

barcelonista

David Villa swap deal?

180.png

B

barcelonista

If Rosell came knocking, € 20 million I'd say. Won't pay more for a 29 year old striker with an injury record whose contract runs out next year. No matter how much the SKY machinery hypes him up.

If City want him, probably £ 35 million.

Robbie

That was my point. The only way RVP would leave would be if Barca were interested, and if he left -- the cost of losing him would be far more than anything we could get out of selling him. 20mil euros is almost an insult when thinking of the emptiness his departure would leave behind.

Basically, get well soon David Villa.

Ender

Arsenal will not let RVP leave. They have made it clear they are willing to get rid of their financial ceiling, and will shell out serious cash to keep him around.

Home of Barca Fans