Transportation in Barcelona. Metro,bus,taxi..

A

Accrington Stephen

Anyone know how to get from Camp Nou to Salou after the AC Milan night match on13/9

:barca scarf: Does anyone know how to get from the Camp Nou to Salou after the AC Milan night match on the 13/9? I am staying in the CYE Holiday Village and was hoping to catch the game. I have never been before any advice for a new-bee buying tickets or which are the best parts of the stadium to get seats in? would be really appreciated Cheers!!

4candles

You may be too late for tickets, at least if you were planning to buy them at face value - the usual sites (the official site, servicaixa) are showing no availability, but tickets become available as they are freed by season ticket holders, so you could keep checking,

As for travel, Camp Nou is within walking distance to Barcelona Sants train station, and there are trains from there to Salou. Unfortunately the last one appears to be at 21:30 and the game kicks off at 20:45... (but feel free to double-check that!).

Sergio

Sergison
All the Rodalies heading South from Sants are closed just now for works to the line anyway, so the train is not an option. I think you can only go by bus to Salou at this time.

workev

Great forum guys, enjoyed reading through all the information for visitors.

I have a quick query and hope someone can advise.

I need to catch a taxi after the Supercopa match on Thursday. Can anyone advise on the best place to catch this within walking distance from Camp Nou? I was thinking walking to Sants Train Station as it appears there are always taxis there during the day, but it will be getting on for 1am by the time I walk across there and I am wondering if no taxis will be waiting there at that time because the station closes at midnight?

Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

JonM

At worst you could always go to the big hotel across the street (Gran Torre Catalunya) and ask the person at the desk to call you one.

Another option is to walk north from the stadium to Av. Diagonal. It's a busy street with office towers, universities, restaurants and large hotels. It shouldn't be difficult to find a taxi there.

Galning

Only done this twice and thus maybe I was just unlucky but we've asked two hotels to call us a cab before and they didn't want to. Pretty weird.
Could turn out to be a hard task to catch a taxi soon after the end of the game.

workev

Thanks for the advice. I will probably walk north up to Diagonal and try my luck there. Is it likely the Metro will be kept running after midnight on Thursday?

Galning

Thanks for the advice. I will probably walk north up to Diagonal and try my luck there. Is it likely the Metro will be kept running after midnight on Thursday?

Yeah I've always taken the metro post games even during the week.

phen9

I'm going to the game tomorrow (gamper trophy), I'm wondering if the Metro will be running after the game? I saw that it stops at midnight on weekdays, and I'm not sure when the game will be done (first time) but it'll be close to midnight I suppose?

JonM

Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona said:
Transport públic al Camp Nou per dilluns, 20 d'agost (Trofeu Joan Gamper)

Per al partit corresponent al 47è Trofeu Joan Gamper que se celebrarà el proper dilluns, 20 d’agost, entre el Barça i la Sampdoria, al Camp Nou a partir de les 22.00 hores, i per a les activitats prèvies, TMB reforçarà el seu servei de metro i d’autobusos.

Els serveis i reforços previstos són els següents:

Metro: Es reforçarà amb més personal a les estacions properes a l’estadi i amb més trens en circulació. Les línies i estacions de metro que donen accés al Camp Nou són Badal i Collblanc, de la línia 5, i Maria Cristina i Les Corts, de la línia 3. El metro funcionarà fins a les 12 de la nit.

Recordar que els autobusos que cobreixen els trams afectats per obres a la línia 2 de metro (d’Artigues / Sant Adrià a Badalona Pompeu Fabra) també funcionaran fins a les 12 de la nit.

Autobusos: A la sortida es posaran en funcionament dues línies especials entre el Camp Nou i plaça de Catalunya i entre el Camp Nou i Mossèn Cinto Verdaguer. El bitllet val 2,70 €.

http://www.tmb.cat/en/sala-de-prems...feu-joan-gamper-20120817-serveis-de-transport

So more trains and employees, but it will still close at midnight.

Home of Barca Fans