Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Scumbag Champion

Chiellini is not fast enough to be a barça CB. He´s good but we need a fast defender.

I really don't agree, my friend. The best defender I've ever seen was old and slow: Franco Baresi, and Bobby Moore and Nesta would hardly have beaten Usain Bolt in a sprint. Of course a fast defender is better than a slow one, but a defender's sensibility, great decision making and an ability to read the game are far more important.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
To be fair Nesta used to be really quite quick, just old age & injuries caught up to him, he was still the tits mind as he was too smart.

Zincubus

Banned
Moussa Sissoko (2.5m), Massadio Haidara (2.5m), Yoan Gouffran (2m), and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (8m) all to Newcastle.

Pretty damn good deals I must say! Hats off!

Clearly a desperate attempt to avoid relegation .

I heard a couple of ex managers talking on TalkSport and they said that having so many French players in the dressing room will cause major problems because there are far more French than any other it means they will tend to speak French most of the time which alienates the other players .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And they will speak French quite a bit with one another too...I used to play with a good group of Intl players in Chicago and the French group carried on in French almost exclusively...It's natural I guess but it will cause issues

khaled_a_d

I really don't agree, my friend. The best defender I've ever seen was old and slow: Franco Baresi, and Bobby Moore and Nesta would hardly have beaten Usain Bolt in a sprint. Of course a fast defender is better than a slow one, but a defender's sensibility, great decision making and an ability to read the game are far more important.

The track of calcio elite CBs moving to Liga aren't that good lately ,Thuram,Cannavaro ,Samuel etc .they weren't actually bad,but they didn't play at the same level they used to play in Italy ,The system is different and unless we are talking about a young player who we can afford a transitional year for him (which we can right now with Puyol&Pique still starting) ,I would pass tbh

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

A slow defender is not what barça needs. Barça has a unique style of play so fast CB are crucial. All the defenders you refer were great, awesome. But played in different style of football. That´s my point.

N

Noldorin

Who would you like to see replace Valdés in the summer (when it will most likely happen)? I'd be happy with any of Rui Patricio/Ter Stegen/Tim Krul. They're all young, buyable, and would be very affordable for Barcelona (compared to someone like De Gea, who may not even be for sale).

P

PhilS

There's lots of desire for Barca to go get a top CB. But the real problem is that the clock is ticking on the tenure of the best keeper in Barca history. Wouldn't it be best to bring in his successor next summer, so they both could be available during Valdes' final year?

Is there any top keeper out there who has lost some favor with his club? It would be best if he spoke Spanish, if he had a lot of experience playing with many of the Barca players, and if he had buddies on the team.

If you are thinking Pepe Reina, no, Barca needs better quality.

Der Kaiser

Who would you like to see replace Valdés in the summer (when it will most likely happen)? I'd be happy with any oof Rui Patricio/Ter Stegen/Tim Krul. They're all young, buyable, and would be very affordable for Barcelona (compared to someone like De Gea, who may not even be for sale).

theres a thread about this topic mate ;-)

dodi1982

VV is not a better quality than PR if you ask me, a simple swap can confirm that. Barca should get a GK who can work with the team's chemistry not necessarily the best GK out there.Who this could be? hell if I know.

Home of Barca Fans