Transfers and Rumours - old thread

AvocadoCake

Judging by his behaviors, he looks like he has a natural tendency to make himself imposing and large on opposition attackers, shutting down space and putting them under a lot of pressure. That's a great trait for smothering counterattacks, forcing errors, and creating the illusion that the opposition has much less space to play in, whereas nowadays against us it's like they have acres of free space during counterattacks. It's still impossible to get a holistic judgement of him simply off of a video though, just helps to see his main positive traits which look like ball playing, aerial ability, and pressuring/imposing.

It's not 'like' that, that's how it is. Can't find it now but there's a picture of Ronaldo with almost the whole half to himself then comparing it to Messi with 8 around him in the same game, that's why Xavi needs to help Busquets in shutting down space (even if it means Xavi will have to be rested occasionally) and to only have on attacking fullback, not 2. That's why I've been so much in favour of cashing in on Dani instead of risk losing Montoya liker we're doing now with Thiago.

Md already signing Mata to replace Thiago or Tello :lol:

Reports are that Juve, having given up on Higuain, want Alexis. Now I know CB is first priority, but if we have left over cash then Alexis + Villa out, Mata + Neymar in is a good replacement, especially seeing as Mata is left footed, Neymar-Messi-Mata would be a trio to die for. Selling Tello, though? Nah. Would be disastrous for 10m

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
Yesss please bring Mata and his godly beard to Barcelona :)

mata13.jpg

XaviMessiGirl

Barca are preparing $20m bid for Marquinhos, according to my local newspaper (quoted MD). Can anyone find a source??

Looked on MD's site, can't find it but it might be in tomorrow's edition. Don't see anything in Italian media either.

Madrid supposedly had a 20m bid turned down already though so I would imagine our bid would have to be higher if true.

Jadentheman

Yesss please bring Mata and his godly beard to Barcelona :)

mata13.jpg

Realistically would it be feasible and would Chelsea even sell one of their best players? Mata himself said that there is no sign of him leaving Chelsea so I doubt there is even some truth to his rumor
Plus Chelsea is not a selling club.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Co0ter

Realistically would it be feasible and would Chelsea even sell one of their best players? Mata himself said that there is no sign of him leaving Chelsea so I doubt there is even some truth to his rumor

I'd love to have a left footed player on our RW, especially since it seems to be where all our forwards happen to be the weakest at. Chelsea will never sell him though, even if he put in a transfer request, which I doubt he would, they'd never let him go....they have too much stupid money.

AvocadoCake

I'd love to have a left footed player on our RW, especially since it seems to be where all our forwards happen to be the weakest at. Chelsea will never sell him though, even if he put in a transfer request, which I doubt he would, they'd never let him go....they have too much stupid money.

True, if they actually want to keep him. Apparently Mou doesn't love his style.

fcbdna

Banned
Please we don't need a Midfielder who thinks he is an attacker/winger/midfielder and DM all at once. Mata does way too much for his own good. He prefers to score himself rather than feed the strikers. Little wonder MOU spotted it IMMEDIATELY!

AvocadoCake

Please we don't need a Midfielder who thinks he is an attacker/winger/midfielder and DM all at once. Mata does way too much for his own good. He prefers to score himself rather than feed the strikers. Little wonder MOU spotted it IMMEDIATELY!

He had 38 assists this season, and I definitely wouldn't say he think s he's a DM.

Z

ZiZu

This is funny:

1016492_10151698954060763_1090706862_n.jpg

Md already signing Mata to replace Thiago or Tello :lol:

These papers...

I'd prefer David Silva to Mata tbh

Jose is looking to get Wesley Sneijder and or Moderic so Mata is certainly surplus .

It seems they are letting him go .

True, if they actually want to keep him. Apparently Mou doesn't love his style.

Correct

He had 38 assists this season, and I definitely wouldn't say he think s he's a DM.

Are you sure that number correct , seems very high .

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Jose is looking to get Wesley Sneijder and or Moderic so Mata is certainly surplus .

Correct

The number is correct. Mata played very much this season (Champions League, Europe League, EPL, two English cups, Club World Cup).

AvocadoCake

Correct

David Silva? He has to be the most inconsistent and over-rated footballer in the Premier League. I'd say he drifts in and out of games but he usually stays out of them apart from perhaps 5 minutes throughout the 90, on a good day.

Mata stats:
88287b7d06edd490f429333999f782bc.png

Meitux

David Silva? He has to be the most inconsistent and over-rated footballer in the Premier League. I'd say he drifts in and out of games but he usually stays out of them apart from perhaps 5 minutes throughout the 90, on a good day.

Mata stats:
88287b7d06edd490f429333999f782bc.png
I agree Silva is very overrated,he has been playing some good in the start of 2011-2012 season but since then he has been shit

King Leo

Banned
we don't need a Midfielder or an attacking Midfielder or whatever the heck he's position is. We already have Cesc and Thiago and one of them is surplus right??

Home of Barca Fans