Transfers and Rumours - old thread

abual3bed1

Liverpool are getting rid of both Skrtel and Coates with Carragher hanging his boots. I don't think they'll let Agger leave and buy 4 Cbs at once.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
They should be checking Vertonghen, not Vermaelen.

I don't really know who "they" are to whom you are referring to, but they should be checking their mental capabilities after our latest transfers (or the lack of transfers).

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The Agger rumour may have a shrewd of truth to it. I'd hate to lose Agger though.

Although a Pique-Agger partnership would be absolutely terrible for you. Agger is at his best when he has a strong leader beside him ala Carra or Puyol. Alongside Pique I doubt that partnership would work.

khaled_a_d

Agger is injury prone and isn't getting any younger ,I mean yes at the age of 28 he might still have 4-5 good years as CB ,but with injuriest is a factor that will be risky

I don't really know who "they" are to whom you are referring to, but they should be checking their mental capabilities after our latest transfers (or the lack of transfers).
+1

F

Flavia

Scouts, coaches... Everyone. Should've been Vertonghen for 15mi instead of Song last summer.

Irish_Cules

They should be checking Vertonghen, not Vermaelen.

I agree but he only moved to Tottenham last summer and they're doing pretty well for themselves. It would be extremely difficult to coax him away from White Hart lane, especially with Daniel Levy's high price demands.

oz187

I think Agger would be a good option. He'd be cheap and then we'd have 4 CBs; Pique, Puyol, Masch and Agger. Even if it's only a few years, it gives us more time to find a long term replacement for Puyol.

Home of Barca Fans