Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

Toulouse doesn't have the best defensive record but that isn't a true measure of how good this guy is. Does anyone watch ligue 1 enough to know how good he is/what he's like?

Those who watched him with Tunisia wasn't impressed at all ,think that he isn't good for big team at all ,though NT games can be small sample

Antimadridista1

I'm actually looking to some matches in Ligue 1 (not all I swear :lol:) and he's not incredible ; strong defending but not replacing well and make too much fault by excess of commitment. There's clearly better than him in Ligue 1 ; Sakho, Chedjou and N'Koulou (really really good and is from cameroun , like Song) are the bests IMO.

If we want a defender from Maghreb, we shall buy Mehdi Benatia who's just amazing and still young (24 and playing for Udinese), named in 2011 in the eleven type of the Calcio and impressed with Morocco during last CAN.

sabby

^ Mehdi Benatia is gonna turn 26 this april. But still good for 5-6 years more at least I guess.

0n0mat0p0eia

What does that even mean? Are we interested in signing him or going on a date with him?

Eh? Really? How many times have you heard of SAF inviting players to Manchester, even sending them Man U shirts with their names on the back?
Other managers do it as well. Is it illegal in the footballing/'tapping up' POV - probably. But anyone can be invited to the Camp Nou to see a game, if its physically possible.

khaled_a_d

I'm actually looking to some matches in Ligue 1 (not all I swear :lol:) and he's not incredible ; strong defending but not replacing well and make too much fault by excess of commitment. There's clearly better than him in Ligue 1 ; Sakho, Chedjou and N'Koulou (really really good and is from cameroun , like Song) are the bests IMO.

If we want a defender from Maghreb, we shall buy Mehdi Benatia who's just amazing and still young (24 and playing for Udinese), named in 2011 in the eleven type of the Calcio and impressed with Morocco during last CAN.

Honestly ,I don't want any players from Serie A ,I don't remember the last player who moved from Italy to Spain and had the same success or more he was having in Italy ,may be Ronaldo ?
Thuram,Samuel,Zambrotta,Sanchez,Cannavaro etc ,some of those were ok .but non played his best here

Antimadridista1

Thuram, Samuel, Zambrotta & Cannavaro arrived after the world cup of 2006, and they were old ... Nevertheless, they played well at Madrid & Barcelona and I'm ok about Alexis, but he was great last season and he's a winger ; If we could have Chiellini, Thiago Silva, Bonucci or Benatia, I'm sure that it would be a success cause they're still young for defenders (28 and 29 for Silva and Chiellini isn't old) and they are the bests in their country. By the way, imo Calcio furnished most of the bests defenders during the last ten years...

King Leo

Banned
Aymen Abdennour is 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) tall. We need height in our team so that's good but why do I get the feeling their looking for a cheap option in defence to save enough money for Neymar?? btw to get Neymar, which I'm against, we need to raise more money and that will mean selling few players. My fear they will cash on Mascherano and that's why they got Song. Sad :-(

King Leo

Banned
How many times you heard someone say "if Mascherano was only a couple inches taller, we could have avoided the goal". Every time a team takes a corner against us I pray "Oh God!" we conceded many goals from situations like that because our height problem. Pique alone is not enough.

A

Athletic

Chiellini would be my 1st option. He reminds me the most of Abidal. In easy games you can play: Alves - Pique - Chiellini - Alba and in tough games (that has Puyol fully rested) you can play Alves - Pique - Puyol - Chiellini or even in a 3 man defence. That would be perfect imo.

2nd choice would be Kompany as he's a great defender and leader, which is something we're lacking without Puyol and will be even worse without Valdes.

3rd choice Hummels.

Antimadridista1

Chiellini's clearly the best option with Silva but both of them will never leave their actual team (the first just arrived and the second loves his club like Puyol do)... But I don't know, Zubizarretta should try if he wants the team to be most competitive defensively. Mascherano isn't good enough, and too small (1.78 i guess)...

Y

Youngie

So we should just go for the tallest defender possible regardless of ability? :shakeshead:

Thing about "tallness" is Pique is 6 ft 4 and Busquets is 6 ft 2 1/2 and they still can't defend corners. I don't think height is the issue. I've never seem Pique score a header from a corner either.

And I also don't see this fascination with Hummels. He seems average to me.

Cule4life

The Culest
So we should just go for the tallest defender possible regardless of ability? :shakeshead:

Thing about "tallness" is Pique is 6 ft 4 and Busquets is 6 ft 2 1/2 and they still can't defend corners. I don't think height is the issue. I've never seem Pique score a header from a corner either.

And I also don't see this fascination with Hummels. He seems average to me.

Instead of trolling suggest which midget defenders would be best for Barca who can defend corners and score headers?

Home of Barca Fans