Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Galning

As if Thiago would sign for them. Hate it how everybody always overreacts about these transfer rumours. It's ridiculous.

i_bleed_blaugrana

As if Thiago would sign for them. Hate it how everybody always overreacts about these transfer rumours. It's ridiculous.

+1 I just think this is a publicity stunt by Marzinho to get more time for his son. I still blame Tito for this whole clause fiasco tho, even if he didn't know he simply should have played him more

mixer

Chelsea are willling to sell defenders David Luiz (26) and Branislav Ivanovic (29) to Barcelona for 46,7M. Mourinho has agreed. [daily star]

Elbflorenz

Chelsea are willling to sell defenders David Luiz (26) and Branislav Ivanovic (29) to Barcelona for 46,7M. Mourinho has agreed. [daily star]

If this is true - we are set. Both can play as CB, Ivanovic could play as defensively minded RB. But I still think that Mou wouldnt even sell a bad apple to us.

0n0mat0p0eia

:facepalm: Whatever anyone thinks of Mourinho, he believes in having a good defence as a platform to winning games.

If he is prepared to sell us Luiz and Ivanovic, it means that he thinks they are not good enough for him defensively; why would we want to buy 2 players Mou thinks aren't good enough for Chelski?

Beware of Portugeezers bearing gifts!

I

instinct

Nooo, not Ivanovic and Luiz. Ivanovic is 29 years old and Luiz doesn't have the defensive qualities we need. I compare him to Alves because he likes to press forward like Alves and Alba. A team which counters fast (Bayern, Dortmund) could hurt us badly if we had players like Luiz in our defense. IMO we should take the 46m and go for Thiago Silva. It's the better choice because we need a wold class DEFENDER. Give them Pedro and 20-25 million for TS and buy Marquinhos or a nother offensive player for the rest, If the rumours are true, that we have so much money after the Neymar transfer.

Home of Barca Fans