Top 5 Biggest Clubs in the World

KingLeo10

Ajax is being slept on because Eredivisie is meh.

They have a European Cup 3-peat and also that dominant 1995 CL winning side...they've trashed/beaten the likes of Bayern, Inter, Juve, Milan in European cup/ CL semis and final.

They've produced an iconic style of football that preceded modern Barcelona. They've produced a long list of absolute legends (Cruyff, MVB, Rijkaard etc.).

Their contributions to football are way more than those perennial bottlers Arsenal and Bayern's servant Dortmund. Chelsea can be argued a tad bit as they do have 2 CLs but I still don't think Chelsea's contributions to football in terms of accolades and influence surpass Ajax.
Exact same reasoning for Benfica. Benfica has played in 7 CL finals. That's more than Chelsea (3) + Dortmund (2) + Arsenal (1) combined.

Temptation

Ajax is being slept on because Eredivisie is meh.

They have a European Cup 3-peat and also that dominant 1995 CL winning side...they've trashed/beaten the likes of Bayern, Inter, Juve, Milan in European cup/ CL semis and final.

They've produced an iconic style of football that preceded modern Barcelona. They've produced a long list of absolute legends (Cruyff, MVB, Rijkaard etc.).

Their contributions to football are way more than those perennial bottlers Arsenal and Bayern's servant Dortmund. Chelsea can be argued a tad bit as they do have 2 CLs but I still don't think Chelsea's contributions to football in terms of accolades and influence surpass Ajax.
Exact same reasoning for Benfica. Benfica has played in 7 CL finals. That's more than Chelsea (3) + Dortmund (2) + Arsenal (1) combined.

Here's the thing.

Arsenal and Chelsea have huge fanbases globally. Both these clubs are huge in Africa, Middle East, Asia. Decent presence in North America too.

Ajax don't have a big fanbase.

KingLeo10

Here's the thing.

Arsenal and Chelsea have huge fanbases globally. Both these clubs are huge in Africa, Middle East, Asia. Decent presence in North America too.

Ajax don't have a big fanbase.

I agree about the fanbase and league quality (even Bundeslolga is much superior to Eredivisie); but for me, historical contributions to football weigh heavily. It's subjective at the end of the day, after all.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lol, Benfica was European royalty in the initial 15 years of EC/CL. Think they played in 5 finals in the 1960s and won 2 under Eusebio.

You should know this as a Portuguese :mou:

Youre right dude but i had something in my mind about a team which didnt win one although having several finals, thought its benfica :thinking:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I agree about the fanbase and league quality (even Bundeslolga is much superior to Eredivisie); but for me, historical contributions to football weigh heavily. It's subjective at the end of the day, after all.

i wish you would have this mindset in some other football-topics too :mou:

Temptation

Chelsea under Roman have been great in Europe and won multiple European trophies.

I can't rate Ajax as a bigger club than Chelsea in 2024.

Arsenal is interesting coz they are insignificant clowns in Europe.

serghei

I'd say

1. Madrid
2. Barca
3. Bayern
4. Milan
5. Liverpool

Milan is dropping as more time passes. United also. Barca could be overtaken too as our GOAT era is becoming more and more of a memory.

City on the up obviously.

Home of Barca Fans