Top 5 Biggest Clubs in the World

Temptation

1. RM (35 LL, 14 CL, 4 European doubles)
2. Barca (27 LL, 5 CL, 5 European doubles)
3. Liverpool (19 PL, 6 CL, 4 European doubles)
4. Milan (19 Serie A, 7 CL, 3 European doubles)
5. Bayern (34 Bundeslolga, 6 CL, 4 European doubles)

European doubles are important to me because they show how often the team was the undisputed best in the world. I’m also factoring in league strength and league rival strength when judging League counts.

Fan base wise, Barca and RM are in a different league based on social media followers and other metrics.

In terms of legends, all of these teams have an insane list of legends. Personally RM, Barca, Milan most impressive here, Bayern a close second, and Pool way behind.

In terms of managers, Pool has the best between their big 3 of Shankly, Paisley, and Jurgen. Barca close second with Pep and Johann.
Good post but in terms of fanbase Yanited are up there with Real and Barca.

I don't know how or why but this shitshow of a Football Club has a humongous following globally. Despite being a banter club for 10+ years now, they generate insane commercial revenue till date. In the age of plastic gloryhunting new age fans!

It's beyond logic, but I have seen numerous reliable sports magazines and websites claim that the rags have the biggest fanbase in the world. Man United are a huge brand. Baffling, I know! :lol:

Rassvet

Good post but in terms of fanbase Yanited are up there with Real and Barca.

I don't know how or why but this shitshow of a Football Club has a humongous following globally. Despite being a banter club for 10+ years now, they generate insane commercial revenue till date. In the age of plastic gloryhunting new age fans!

It's beyond logic, but I have seen numerous reliable sports magazines and websites claim that the rags have the biggest fanbase in the world. Man United are a huge brand. Baffling, I know! :lol:
FW1kD2hWQAAFWWY.jpg

KingLeo10

One area where Pool is special compared to other historic clubs is that your periods of success are so dependent on having TOP class managers.

Barca, RM, Bayern, Milan all have had 1 or more players who would get into a world all-time XI. Pool obviously has had many great players but not like generational/transcendent great. Very unique club.

jamrock

The fan base is the only reason I put them in my top 5 beyond that, they are as meh as big clubs go.

But can't deny how popular they are, they grew as the epl exploded in popularity.

Rassvet

Hard not to have United high in these rankings as they are most talked about club on espnfc and get a lot of comments on their posts on r/soccer

jamrock

One area where Pool is special compared to other historic clubs is that your periods of success are so dependent on having TOP class managers.

Barca, RM, Bayern, Milan all have had 1 or more players who would get into a world all-time XI. Pool obviously has had many great players but not like generational/transcendent great. Very unique club.
True

Temptation

I think this adds to the romance of the club.

The cohesion, the top class big name managers and the famous Kop.

Many managers including our bitter rivals have called our home crowd the best and most intimidating stadium in Football.

There are some clubs that lack soul, but we are the opposite. We have a very distinct soulful vibe to our club.

This is why Klopp doesn't wanna leave despite FSG screwing him. This is why a Spanish guy Rafa and his family settled and still live in Liverpool.

Temptation

Hard not to have United high in these rankings as they are most talked about club on espnfc and get a lot of comments on their posts on r/soccer
I agree and I am guilty in a way.

I love mocking and laughing at United.

And any publicity is good publicity in terms of brand-building.

So in a way it's good for United's brand that they are comically dogshite instead of average to decent or meh.

The banter club thing gets a lot of organic engagement on social media platforms. Win win situation for their sponsors. Agony for the fanbase though. :lol:

Blanco

1.Real
2.Bayern
3.Barca

And 2 of Juve, Milan, Liverpool and United, but couldnt decide which 2. Maybe Juve is ahead of the other 3, because they are consistent. There are no such long periods without league titles for them like current United’s and pre 2020 Liverpool’s. Juve also dominated best league (until 2006) for many years and were one of the favorites in CL almost all the time. They havent won it since 1996, but played 5! finals since then.

fergus90

1. Real Madrid

And fans could argue amongst themselves for second spot between Barcelona, Bayern, Liverpool and Manchester United as all have had impressive eras and consistently won trophies throughout their history.

Milan and Juventus would also be in with a shout but can’t just take history into account for these lists. Last decade italian clubs have not really been able to capture the international market. So lose points for the fanbase factor.

Milan in the 90s and early 00s were basically seen on a par with Madrid. It would be great if they could rise up again properly.

Morten

Tbf, United was a bit unlucky that their best period coincided with Peps Barca, otherwise they would be on 4 or 5 UCL trophies.

But it is what it is, their UCL legacy is behind the others on the list.

Temptation

Tbf, United was a bit unlucky that their best period coincided with Peps Barca, otherwise they would be on 4 or 5 UCL trophies.

But it is what it is, their UCL legacy is behind the others on the list.
Between Bayern and Barca, which one do you reckon as a bigger club?

Morten

Between Bayern and Barca, which one do you reckon as a bigger club?

Not much in it, before 2010s i would have said Bayern, now? I'm not sure, about the same, maybe an edge to Barca.

Bayern has had some really good seasons in 2010s too, for sure, but its difficult to appreciate them as much after Bundesliga become so one-sided, they have few, if any serious challengers.

Even though Bayern was always the biggest, the league used to be quite competitive.

Home of Barca Fans