Timo Werner

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't he say he wanted to go to Bayern?

It seems like his comments were taken out of context.

He said if he was to stay in Germany there was only club that would be an option for him(Bayern). This after he was asked about rumors of him possibly joining Dortmund.

Sorin

For 40m he would be worth taking a punt on. He could play both as a left winger and back up striker.

He seems to me like a more goal oriented than our current wingers atm(Dembele, Malcom), kinda like a budget version of Villa.

I realize that Dembele could be everything he wants but at this point he is more on ball player and we have Messi. We could use another speedy, goal orietated, off the ball player that plays on the left.

DonAK

He'll add some much needed pace in the team. Pure pace, although there's been worries whether he can play as a lone striker. Also his first touch can be loose at times. And he will prob play better if we play at a quicker pace, much like Dembele.

On the other hand it's a possible 40m transfer for undoubtedly one of the most talented strikers on the market, in an already depleted market for it. Could be a decent opportunity and worth the risk although it will require Barca to change to a more faster and dynamic style of football too.

Riordon

IMO he is good enough. He would be a meh-transfer. I rather wait and use what we have to someone with real quality else emerges. It took Mbappe just 6 month to the whole world knew about him.

Right now there is a lot of quality players in midfield and defensive which we should invest in. Stop investing in players that aren't that good. Just wait.

DonAK

IMO he is good enough. He would be a meh-transfer. I rather wait and use what we have to someone with real quality else emerges. It took Mbappe just 6 month to the whole world knew about him.

Right now there is a lot of quality players in midfield and defensive which we should invest in. Stop investing in players that aren't that good. Just wait.

Guys like Mbappe are super rare, you won't have such players randomly pop up. All these flavour of the month type of players that suddenly have a couple of great months usually are followed by several months of sub-par play.

We need a new striker, even Suarez recognizes that. So we might wait another summer until 2020, but we don't have a lot of time on our hands just to wait for a generational type of player to pop up.

Riordon

Guys like Mbappe are super rare, you won't have such players randomly pop up. All these flavour of the month type of players that suddenly have a couple of great months usually are followed by several months of sub-par play.

Yes, they are super rare but dont quite have to be someone like Mbappe. There must be strikers like van Persie, Suarez, Aguero, David Villa etc. out there playing for subpar teams waiting to explode.

I rather wait 1-2 seasons than bring in Werner. This Suarez right now is atleast 1-2 levels above him. Paco is also a level above him.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I think Werner would be super exposed here, kinda like if Müller played at Barca.

I don't believe he has enough technique to become a world class striker.

Leo_Messi

[tw]1081255138289946624[/tw]

This rumor had to pop up at some point.

What a coincidence. Abidal is definitely monitoring this forum (in particular my posts) as closely as the transfer market.:abidal:

Now I expect Ibrahima Konaté to be next.

slvtn

He's ok, but he will be another "oh look how disappointed he is after missing 1000 chances" player. Must admit that we had enough of those for the past few years.

Home of Barca Fans