Timo Werner

FC433

Kaio Jorge and Marcos Paulo (were not we interested in him a couple of months ago?) should be a bit cheaper than Gabriel Veron since their contracts end in 2021. However, Gabriel Veron is the most promising one out of these and he recently renewed his contract until 2024 with, I believe, 40m? buyout.

LABarcaFan

Kaio Jorge and Marcos Paulo (were not we interested in him a couple of months ago?) should be a bit cheaper than Gabriel Veron since their contracts end in 2021. However, Gabriel Veron is the most promising one out of these and he recently renewed his contract until 2024 with, I believe, 40m? buyout.

Instead of those three, our board decided to buy the Albanian national Rey Manaj. But Barca B is not that important because we are selling all of the talented players to other La Liga teams.

LABarcaFan

If we don't get Timo Werner, Liverpool will sign him for sure. Jurgen Klopp likes this guy and will make anything possible to get him there.

Messi983

Instead of those three, our board decided to buy the Albanian national Rey Manaj. But Barca B is not that important because we are selling all of the talented players to other La Liga teams.

You have to consider price and players's willingness to actually play for Barça B here. Rey Manaj costed us around 1m. Cheapest of those three mentioned players would probably be Marcos Paulo who is apparently available for around 15m. Veron and Jorge would cost 30m+. I also doubt anyone of them would accept to play in Segunda B.

LABarcaFan

You have to consider price and players's willingness to actually play for Barça B here. Rey Manaj costed us around 1m. Cheapest of those three mentioned players would probably be Marcos Paulo who is apparently available for around 15m. Veron and Jorge would cost 30m+. I also doubt anyone of them would accept to play in Segunda B.

Of course they wouldn't like the idea of playing in the third level competition of Spain, when they can play for an elite teams in Europe. I have just checked the German site Transfermarkt, which has the most accurate rating of all players in the World. Here is the market value of these three.

Marcos Paulo (19) is a Central Forward from Fluminense - $ 12.1 mil.

Kaio Jorge (18) is Central Forward from Santos FC - $ 8.8 mil.

Gabriel Veron (17) is Right Winger from Palmeiras - $ 7.7 mil.

Of course, the market value and the real price are not the same most of the time, but as a youngsters, considering that they will play in Barca B, 15 million euro will be the right tag for all 3 of them. But, if you pay that much money for them, then it will be really hard to sell them with profit.
We have sold 5-6 players from Barca B this season and none of them has potential to become a starter for the first team. I have read today in British sport site that Barcelona are willing to bring back right winger Adama Traore from Woolverhampton, England in the summer, who is former product of Barca B.

LABarcaFan

Yes. You are right here, but I doubt our board will be willing to pay 40 million for a 17 y.o. Veron.
They strategy of our board of idiots is this.

1. To buy for maximum 5-6 million talented youngsters from around the World for Barca B and after year or two to sell them for 10-15 millions.
2. Buying super expensive "big names" like Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann and Neymar for marketing reasons and faster return of their investments.
3. This strategy won't change till 2021, when hopefully we will have new board and president. Till then, Barca will turn slowly into mediocre team.

Porque

These players are way too expensive for Barça B.

Yes. But we should promote to LaLiga2 and adapt the strategy.

We have two coaches in Setien and Pimienta who give faith to young players and have proven to develop them. If both stay next season then we can have a system where the top B players can move to the first team when necessary (5 games before forced promotion).

If the gap in quality and the league tier is nearer we can use this to good advantage. Suarez is injured while Marques and Abel Ruiz do not have the required level, but both were sold for 16m on paper. If we had a 15-20m top talent in the 18-21 age range in the B he could occupy the bench for the A team, play 5 games and if he fulfils promote for the remainder in the season. This is better than the situation we have now searching for a last minute striker.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Yes. But we should promote to LaLiga2 and adapt the strategy.

We have two coaches in Setien and Pimienta who give faith to young players and have proven to develop them. If both stay next season then we can have a system where the top B players can move to the first team when necessary (5 games before forced promotion).

If the gap in quality and the league tier is nearer we can use this to good advantage. Suarez is injured while Marques and Abel Ruiz do not have the required level, but both were sold for 16m on paper. If we had a 15-20m top talent in the 18-21 age range in the B he could occupy the bench for the A team, play 5 games and if he fulfils promote for the remainder in the season. This is better than the situation we have now searching for a last minute striker.

That was our strategy for many years. That is how players like Pique, Alba, Busy, Messi, S.Roberto, C.Perez and A.Fati got to the first team. But it is also true that our academy does not produce anymore players of that level. We can only hope that when the new board comes in, things will start changing. And it should start first from our junior formations.

serghei

He's on my shortlist. I have a personal belief that every striker who rounds the keeper consistently in 1 vs 1 and puts the ball in the empty net has the ability and composure to be a great striker at the highest level.

Judoman

He's on my shortlist. I have a personal belief that every striker who rounds the keeper consistently in 1 vs 1 and puts the ball in the empty net has the ability and composure to be a great striker at the highest level.

R9 flashback...

serghei

R9 flashback...

Yea... To me it's a sign we might be dealing with a top striker. Because the instinct in front of the keeper is to basically pick a corner and shoot right away. To take your time and dribble the keeper is rare. I've seen Timo Werner doing that several times.

FC433

BM is no longer interested in signing him. Liverpool is the only team that is following him, apparently.

Home of Barca Fans