Thomas Lemar

ShervinJ

They spent over 100 million on Diego Costa and Vitolo over the winter transfer window. Now they spent roughly 90 million on Lemar and Rodri so far. And now its being said an offer of 25 million per year is on the table for Griezmann? Hes not staying

Stanio

They have an Israeli investor who's one of the main fortune in his country they can afford expensive players

Lutece FC

How is it possible for Atletico do spend such important amount, with a record debt 107 millions of euros ...

There is something wich is not logical at all in Financial Fair Play.

Catta

LOL a Qatari fan complaining about FFP.
For your information Atleti is a big club and can spend big money. They didn't even spend much, 60 mil for Lemar and 20 for Rodri. They will also sell some players, there are reports about Savic, Vrsaljko, Gameiro, Vietto, Vitolo all leaving, that will get them enough money for more big transfers, and that is not counting if someone pays the release clause of Griezmann or Oblak. Also they were transfer banned the last 2 windows, so they couldn't spend as much as they wanted, they also still haven't sold the Calderon, they got an offer of 150 mil, but are holding out for 200.

Lutece FC

LOL a Qatari fan complaining about FFP.
For your information Atleti is a big club and can spend big money. They didn't even spend much, 60 mil for Lemar and 20 for Rodri. They will also sell some players, there are reports about Savic, Vrsaljko, Gameiro, Vietto, Vitolo all leaving, that will get them enough money for more big transfers, and that is not counting if someone pays the release clause of Griezmann or Oblak. Also they were transfer banned the last 2 windows, so they couldn't spend as much as they wanted, they also still haven't sold the Calderon, they got an offer of 150 mil, but are holding out for 200.

I'm not a Qatari fan FYI.

I'm just asking, how Atletico can spend so much with a huge debt, taxes unpaid to the Spanish state...
They were not punished for their debt issue.

Catta

I'm not a Qatari fan FYI.

I'm just asking, how Atletico can spend so much with a huge debt, taxes unpaid to the Spanish state...
They were not punished for their debt issue.

Most big clubs have debts, and mostly bigger than that at Atleti. Debts are paid of in installments, so Atleti will pay its debt in the next 10, 20 years or so.

Andrew M

Atletico's debts are bigger than ours and their revenue is much smaller. I'm wondering too how they can spend this amount without a big sale.

George_Costanza

Buying players is partly funded by a 3rd party (Private investors, investment banks and hedge funds). A model that Atletico is following for some years now. And when those players are sold, a bulk of the transfer rights (which was sold previously) goes to those investment companies. ATM end up with only a minority portion of the deal.

I won't be surprised if Griezmann transfer rights were partly sold to a hedge fund, hence ATM will not gain much if the BO activated.

Lutece FC

Atletico's debts are bigger than ours and their revenue is much smaller. I'm wondering too how they can spend this amount without a big sale.

Thank you .... And still i'm the troll for some people here... I was right on many topics in the past, some people has to change their attitude.

Andrew M

Buying players is partly funded by a 3rd party (Private investors, investment banks and hedge funds). A model that Atletico is following for some years now. And when those players are sold, a bulk of the transfer rights (which was sold previously) goes to those investment companies. ATM end up with only a minority portion of the deal.

I won't be surprised if Griezmann transfer rights were partly sold to a hedge fund, hence ATM will not gain much if the BO activated.

I know that happened in the past with some of their players (Koke and Saul i.e.) but not sure they practice that anymore. And some of that 3rd party stuff is illegal now

Home of Barca Fans