Thierry Henry

Evil

Shabazz
Henry in his prime isn't the best player in the world, he was good.. Ronaldinho in his prime was better, Zidane in his prime was better, The Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime was better.. so many players. The simple fact that Henry never won FIFA world player of the year gives you a big hint I guess. Don't mean to take any credit from him, he is an amazing player, but not the best in the world.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
He was, at his best, probably one of the best 5 players in the world, but never THE best. That doesn't take anything away from the guy, he was a great player and is still an exceptional footballer and has had an exceptional career winning more than many better players.

K

kri0723

He is my favourite player .
He has played very elegant, since I saw him at the first time and I think the football must more such as player than Thierry !:henry:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Living the eighties with my ghetto blaster!

henryradio.jpg

Nope, no way Ronaldinho or Ronaldo9 (Brazilian) No way. Henry what he did at Arsenal for 8 years straight, averaging 30 goals plus an 20 assist's every year you can not beat that, And not to mention in the toughest league in the world. If we are honest Ronaldinho had 2 amazing years. And to say Henry is not the best in the world because he never won world player of the year is nonsense. Henry deserved at least 2 world player of the year awards. He was robbed, be honest and not so biased toward Ronaldinho. Henry and Zidane are very hard to split. Both did their role in the team amazingly well.

What Thierry as done for the world of football no player will ever do.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Nope, no way Ronaldinho or Ronaldo9 (Brazilian) No way. Henry what he did at Arsenal for 8 years straight, averaging 30 goals plus an 20 assist's every year you can not beat that, And not to mention in the toughest league in the world. If we are honest Ronaldinho had 2 amazing years. And to say Henry is not the best in the world because he never won world player of the year is nonsense. Henry deserved at least 2 world player of the year awards. He was robbed, be honest and not so biased toward Ronaldinho. Henry and Zidane are very hard to split. Both did their role in the team amazingly well.

+100

B

beautifulgame

Yeah, completely objective guys.

When making an argument try to include a premise.

mobster_1930

Exactly. Ronaldinho had 3 great years btw. Fat Ronaldo never won CL, never made it to finals but he is considered better than Thierry ? No way, Henry is better than Ronaldo, he just wasn't so hyped liked him. He was always consistent at Arsenal (8 years) and last season at Barca was also one of his best seasons.

Still even with 3, compared to Henry's 8 and even last season for Barcelona was amazing as well. Playing as a winger when you are a CF and scoring 26 goals and roughly 15 assist's not to sure how many he actually got for assist's. You see when he plays for France, he scores all the time because he is being played in hes natural position. Play him at CF with us an he will easily get 30 plus goals and 20 assist's.

By the way he should be taking our free kicks.

Co0ter

I feel bad for people who decide the quality of the player is based on how many championships his team won... thats pretty pathetic. So considering how Messi has played, and he keeps it up for a few more years, if he stuck with Barcelona and they never won a bunch of titles he wouldn't be considered one of the greats?! Hmmm.

Ronaldinho, whether he only had 3 good years or not, while he was in his prime he was almost untouchable, unique and brought pure joy/beauty to almost every game he played. Henry scored some great goals, but he didn't have the presence on the field Ronaldinho had. To me I look at a footballer individually, and individually as great as Henry's career was with Arsenal, he is not the player Ronaldinho was. Saying the EPL is the most competitive league also makes me "lol". Thanks for that :lol:

Now saying Henry was a better player than the Brasilian Ronaldo....thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, ever. You have to have a chronic history of Meth abuse to believe that. Despite his injuries, he still had an amazing career and won plenty of titles...to those who care. Never has there been a player so untouchable and dominating on the field, never. Henry scored some great goals. He made quick decision goals happen out of no where and scored a ton of goals from good service. But to me, he was mostly that, a service player. He was a CF who sat infront of the net and had an amazing vision for goal. Ronaldo played beautiful soccer, great team player and vison with others, made his own opportunities while always deadly infront of the net. The most consistent goal scorer in history up there with Pele (can't compare them because they played in very different times), but he did much more than score goals, its how he did it. The only way to stop him was to take him down, and he DID NOT go down easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0P8gvCJc00&feature=related

That link is a taste of how he played. Its as if it didnt matter who he was playing against. He didn't see players, just objects with numbers on the back of their shirts.

Last edited:
F

FCB_Titi_LB

Henry had high standards no other player could match in an all round way . He scored brilliant goals in all kind of ways.
Ronaldinho was more than that ... magic but didnt have that much variation in his game

Home of Barca Fans