Thiago Silva

USWAY

:lol: People willing to give away Pedro just cause he's been off form. He's a multiple CL, and WC winner and you say "People wont even pay 15 mill" :lol:

Get a fucking grip.

Nobody is overreacting. Fact is, Pedro really doesn't do anything except press and work hard nowadays. There is no club that values that as much a Barca, and there is no club that's gonna pay more than 15mil for that, if even that. And I'm still one who thinks we should keep him as he'd be a good squad player to come off the bench and possibly he could still rediscover he shooting touch. Fact of the matter is, there isn't a great market for a weak, 5-7 winger who can't dribble and beat his man one on one, and can't even find the back of the net right now.

Stop using past accomplishments to justify the present, it's what I feel Tito does, and it will be the downfall.

footyfan

Calma, calma
:lol: People willing to give away Pedro just cause he's been off form. He's a multiple CL, and WC winner and you say "People wont even pay 15 mill" :lol:

Get a fucking grip.

Off form --> 10 goals in 68 La Liga games.
Multiple CL winner --> didn't really contribute to 08/09 win
WC winner --> Started only semi-final and final and was average/below average in both. Got only 2 shots on target in the entire tournament.

15 million is a lot of money. Pedro is not a 'star' player, clubs will not pay too much for him because he cannot recoup much of the investment through shirt sales or increase in popularity. Most importantly, I don't see any top top clubs really needing a player like atm.

Doobs

The Messiah
It's not what he's worth right now that matters. He could be worth just 100k for all I care. He was and is a massively important player for us (the coaching staff prove it) and now just because he's out of form you'll are willing to just throw him away?

Pep found him along with Busi and he was immense. A player liked by all for all these years. He is a youth product and the definition of La Masia and it's ability to churn out world class talent better than any other youth system in the world. A source of pride for us not too long ago.

As fans of the club, I believe we should support and wish for the best all players in the squad from the first team to the lower level youth teams.

By trashing him and belittling his worth to us, your going against everything the club stands for. The Alexis hate has cooled down recently now that he's been playing better too, fuelling my point of the blatant fair weathered-ness here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely concerned for him and the team, but it's not just him that's been struggling.

At least give him some respect.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's not what he's worth right now that matters. He could be worth just 100k for all I care. He was and is a massively important player for us (the coaching staff prove it) and now just because he's out of form you'll are willing to just throw him away?

My comment was just in response to this comment of yours.

He's a multiple CL, and WC winner and you say "People wont even pay 15 mill" :lol:

Get a fucking grip.

And how is anyone here 'throwing him away'? I feel you're too emotional about this. You can't be off-form for 2 seasons, that's ridiculous. Let me make this clear, I'm not advocating to sell Pedro, I (and most people here) was just discussing his worth in a potential transfer.

As fans of the club, I believe we should support and wish for the best all players in the squad from the first team to the lower level youth teams.

Yup, we should support them throughout the season. But when the time comes to make a decision, you have to make a decision. If we use your approach, we will never sell any players unless they're flops from the beginning.

By trashing him and belittling his worth to us, your going against everything the club stands for. The Alexis hate has cooled down recently now that he's been playing better too, fuelling my point of the blatant fair weathered-ness here.

Thinking about this logically =/= trashing and belittling Pedro.
Of course the Alexis hate has 'cooled down', there's no opportunities for people to air negative views about him because he's playing well. But I highly doubt most people's long term opinion of Alexis has changed despite the upturn in form.

Also pray tell me how I'm going against "everything the club stands for?"

At least give him some respect.

What?

Doobs

The Messiah
This wasn't in response to you in particular but in general to people (I felt) we're disrespectful to Pedro.

I completely forgot about the earlier post regarding his price :lol: Either way, he won't leave next season, that's a given so discussing his worth makes no sense right now. He could win major honors again next season and his price would go up. Hypothetically if we were to sell him, i'm sure we could get 15-20 mill for him considering his age and his honors. Also, transfermarkt is not a 'be all and end all' source for player values. Keep that in mind.

I don't think people were simply contemplating his being sold. There are people who genuinely want him gone. Like I said earlier the post wasn't entirely directed at you.

Also, no point discussing Pedro here. Didn't think that post would create the furore that it did.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Just read on MD that Thiago Silva could push for a move to Barcelona with the possible departures of Leonardo and Ancelotti. He is a serious admirer of Barcelona and according to the article, he actually hates playing in super defensive teams.

Zebulun

apparently he wants to come if ancelotti leaves, PAY THE MONEY! I don't care if we have to dip into january's transfer kit. We didnt pay the money with javi martinez and look what happened. lets learn!

Getting neymar, TS and a goalie is impossible unless the club is willing to add 30 mill-ish to club debt, which i would personally do, since neymar seems inevitable now. But TS should be top priority

i_bleed_blaugrana

Loving the Ancelotti situation, and I wonder if Madrid realize how much they are helping us with Silva, something they might learn to seriously regret for the next few years.

Is it just me or are Madrid fixing to go down hard next season? Mou, like he always does, leaves teams in shambles when he leaves and no offense to Ancelotti but Madrid doesn't suit him and if Ronaldo leaves, there will be a massive void in that team.

Unlike us, that team will need to be restructured from the ground up and it takes a year for a new project like that to get going, something Ancelotti most likely won't be able to do, just ask Pellegrini

Home of Barca Fans