Thiago Silva

Meitux

People complain about our transfer policy but would give 30M + Pedro for a 29 yo Silva? K.
and you always complaining about his age,and you dont understand that we talk about the best defender in the world in a situation that we are so fucked in defense and you care about Pedro?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Worst thing about this season has definitely been the diminished quality of posters

What an idiot Leonardo is

766766558.gif

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

If we can get Thiago Silva for 35mil I'd be more than happy. We're buying not only probably the best CB in the world but a guy that truly fits our defensive needs PERFECTLY. A total beast of a player, like Puyol, and he's one the fastest CBs to ever play the game. At 29 he could still give us at least 4 wonderful seasons, also a player that fast still at 29 will remain pretty quick into his thirties and will only become more experienced.

Hummels I'm afraid is too slow, we play a high line fellas. Look at what our weaknesses are and tell me what Hummels would fix other than height on set pieces and corners.

obviously it won't happen but what we should really do is sell Piqué and buy Hummels.

a Silva-Hummels CB partnership = :wub:

Galning

29 is still young for CB, he could have 6-7 great years left in him. I assume that's why people would be happy to pay the price.

It's not very much about the age in particular. I too believe that he may be good for another 4-5 years.
It's about the price for such an "old" player. 30M plus Pedro is just ridiculous.

Irish_Cules

It's not very much about the age in particular. I too believe that he may be good for another 4-5 years.
It's about the price for such an "old" player. 30M plus Pedro is just ridiculous.

Perhaps it is a bit ridiculous but we can't afford to mess up in our acquisition of a centre back this summer. I think Pedro will stay but I would still happily pay 40 million for Silva. He fits the profile of what our defence needs perfectly. Its better to splash out on Silva than spending half the amount on somebody else who mightn't succeed. Whatever money we saved on that purchase would be blown the next summer trying to find another centre back. Can you think of somebody other than Silva who the club is considering that you would rather get? Marquinhos is too young and I think we all share Tito's doubts about a Hummels-Pique partnership. I'd still be content with Hummels but if we could get Silva for €40m then I'd be very happy.

Told ya there was worse with the french league.. Thiago Silva suspended two games

[video]http://videa.hu/videok/sport/expulsion-thiago-silva-psg-valenciennes-au-lieu-de-revenir-vers-le-cen-kbVweQ1L5IqNoBTm[/video]

We see with this angle that the referee ran directly at Thiago Silva. Invert the roles and TS would be banned 10 games i guess ? shame

Last edited:

Andrew M

"A transfer for Thiago Silva seems to me difficult - in his words - and I think that in the end he will remain at PSG. He has a contract and, before discussing with Barcelona, he should talk with PSG," he told RAC1.

"Last year we discussed [a transfer] with Barcelona but in the end PSG acted very quickly by offering a lot of money, [resulting in] an agreement with Milan. This year, however, we have not closed the door to Barcelona, nor to other clubs."

Thiago Silva's agent, Paulo Tonietto

Jadentheman

30 Mil+ Pedro would be a good deal for me. The only reason we wouldn't give him up is the fact is is Cantera. We need a CB and acquiring Thiago and Marquinhos would be really good for us. I see Barca offloading a lot of people and gaining fresh new faces like Thiago Silva, Neymar, etc. Let's force a retirement on Xavi, give him a pension along with some management job, start Thiago Swagger and ditch Cesc

Alexis shall also leave, promote Deulo, promote Bartha, promote Montaya, sell Tello, encourage Cuenca to stay at Ajax for about two more seasons, get Courtois as GK and call it a day

Last edited:

Andrew M

30 Mil+ Pedro would be a good deal for me. The only reason we wouldn't give him up is the fact is is Cantera. We need a CB and acquiring Thiago and Marquinhos would be really good for us. I see Barca offloading a lot of people and gaining fresh new faces like Thiago Silva, Neymar, etc. Let's force a retirement on Xavi, give him a pension along with some management job, start Thiago Swagger and ditch Cesc

Alexis shall also leave, promote Deulo, promote Bartha, promote Montaya, sell Tello, encourage Cuenca to stay at Ajax for about two more seasons, get Courtois as GK and call it a day

I don't think radicalism is right appraoch. And why the fuck would PSG want Pedro? Force retirement on Xavi? Really?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Told ya there was worse with the french league.. Thiago Silva suspended two games

[video]http://videa.hu/videok/sport/expulsion-thiago-silva-psg-valenciennes-au-lieu-de-revenir-vers-le-cen-kbVweQ1L5IqNoBTm[/video]

We see with this angle that the referee ran directly at Thiago Silva. Invert the roles and TS would be banned 10 games i guess ? shame

Don't agree, the angle does show the referee turning towards Silva but Thiago placed his hands onto the ref's chest - it's in the rules and not really open to interpretation

Jadentheman

I don't think radicalism is right appraoch. And why the fuck would PSG want Pedro? Force retirement on Xavi? Really?

If only I could dream. Of course I have to be more realistic toward what they will really do, but I see a restructuring taking place everywhere (team, coaching, management) within the next few years

ammarfcb

ze special one
30m + pedro is crazy. 30m alone is crazy. man utd spent 24m on RVP who is also similar age and has a history of injury. seems like teams look at our poor transfers and goes 'we can milk em too'

20m would be my final offer.

Andrew M

30m + pedro is crazy. 30m alone is crazy. man utd spent 24m on RVP who is also similar age and has a history of injury. seems like teams look at our poor transfers and goes 'we can milk em too'

20m would be my final offer.

You are not examining the complexities of the situation.

RVP's contract was near expiration and he had declared that he had no wish to renew and Arsenal are not exactly rich.

Silva only moved to PSG last summer for a huge fee and Silva is not going to force a move and is on a huge contract, plus PSG have no need to sell

Home of Barca Fans