Thiago Silva

JamDav1982

I think we are worried for a good reason, though. Messi and Neymar won't help much if we don't have a defence.

Well Barca still do have a defence but clearly that needs to be addressed and as long as that and some of the other issues from last season are solved then Barca will still be one of the best teams in europe.

The players at Barca are still fanstastic and up there with any squad in the world.

PaulFCB

Banned
Actually, how can Messi not help?
He had this horrible defense this year and won the title, La Liga isn't something that bad for Pique, Masch, Adriano.
If we would've signed Isco to replace Alcantara, someone like Cavani to fix our height problems in attac I would've start to believe...but like this, meh, the title is like the only chance this season at best, though it might well be compromised too since rma starts looking better face to Barca who doesn't seem to improve, at least yet, in this summer.

Rules are:
Where we need to sign someone desperately, everybody is "not for sale".
Who someone else wants is neither 10% his value or is unhappy he doesn't play enough, thus, cheap.
Everybody wants to sign our players for cheap, except Messi everyone is for sale for 0.1cents.
We lose players for small release clauses or end contracts ( Thiago, Valdes ).
The only way we make our Masia players looks loving players is by paying them the biggest salaries in the world, so when we sell, the profit is small transfer sum+huge wage.
We sign uncertainties from the southern hemisphere by paying him and his dad like 40m + huge wages of 7m+ when with that money we could've signed Isco+decent CB, by selling Villa at a normal price, we could've pushed for a striker like Cavani who would've loved to play for Barca as he declared.

Last edited:

mixer

If we lose Marcos i'd prefer David Luiz, He has improved a lot lately and will suit our style..
Luiz is too much like Pique. Often losses concentration, makes foolish mistakes and he's a funny guy not a real captain we actually need

F

Flavia

I hope Tito has given up on Silva... He won't place a transfer request, and time is passing. Better try to sign someone else, before we end up with no options and adil rami as cb.

L

Learo

With Carra retired, Agger seem like a very unrealistic target TBH.

Maybe Konscielny is an option, but even he wants to stay at the Emirates.

the question you have to ask yourself is why we are obsessed with players who already play at the richest clubs in the world. All other teams have scouts. Thats why Kompany was signed by city for 8m, thats why vidic was signed for 9m by man u, thats why chiellini was signed for 7m and so forth. Big clubs dont go around looking at the squads of chelsea and madrid when they want to sign a player, they have to use their scouting network. it is not the responsibility of the fans to watch 25 games per week in 10 different european and s.american leagues to find good options. the fans will always just know about the famous ones and a few more in the high profile english league.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think it's time to make a big push for Marquinhos. He's younger anyways.

We can not lose out on not getting either Thiago Silva or Marquinhos. Signing Neymar will be all for nothing if we can't stop teams from scoring on us.

L

Learo

No one is available. We should deal with it.

yes, of course no one is available when we are obsessed with going after players who already play at the richest clubs in the world who dont need or want to sell. no other big club do that. they use scouts.

F

Flavia

yes, of course no one is available when we are obsessed with going after players who already play at the richest clubs in the world who dont need or want to sell. no other big club do that. they use scouts.
I often get the feeling Barça has no scouts.

Ursegor

World Champion

We don't have scouts obviously. Which is kinda irritating for a club that is supposed to have the best youth developing structure in world football.

Home of Barca Fans