Thiago Alcantara

S

Slide

Could have done better but he has one excuse: game was already over, even at half time, so not easy to enter the game and play to the best of abilities.

Having consistency problems at this age is very normal -Messi had his ups and downs early in his first team career. What Thiago needs right now is minutes. I don't think he'll have any playing time against Real Madrid next week but I think as the season goes on he'll have more playing time. The guy has it all, he just needs continuity and guidance, something that only Pep Guardiola can provide.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I really like his attitude... He's like a lion, he is so determined to make the best out of the few chances he gets with the first team, and even though it's been against crap teams (Ceuta and Almeria) he's done a great job nonetheless... Very exciting prospect!

dalitis8

Banned
I am always very reserved when it comes to new players. But he deserves some chances for sure. I will be watching him.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
That article was wrong in regard to his first team debut though, it came in that game away at Mallorca when we had already won the league.

Koma

He will play against Rubin, 100%. He needs playing time and since we've already qualifed for next phase i do not see a reason to not put him in the first lineup. Xavi really needs some rest after hard week and good games against Real and Osasuna.

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Pretty cracking today playing much more higher up than his usual position. Nice chip to Fontas as well.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Definitely tried way too hard in the first half and seemed at times to play like a spacker. There were flashes of brilliance in the first half as well, but they had not end-result, which was my main concern.

It was good of seeing him going back to the basics later on and improving his overall game substantially.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Agreed, Plip...I wondered, early on, if it were nerves or something...Thiago always seemed to be in too much of a hurry - forced a few passes that were nowhere near their target...Hasn't gotten that Xavi rhythm of the match down just yet...Something, obviously, that will come with time...Still, that touch is golden and I look forward to some spectacular assists from him going forward

Trequartista

The good
Vitesse interested in loaning him,with the possible upcoming Cup Ties,CL's knock out stages,not a bad idea(laoning in general) for me,any decent team in La Liga would be awesome,he can be back in the summer as a first teamer but considerinp club's strategy in refusing to loan players we rate,its not going to happen

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Their trainer is Albert Ferrer, he used to be a right back for us back in the 90´s. Still, Thiago is far too good for Vitesse.

desoe

,he can be back in the summer as a first teamer

He's ready for a first teamer or at least he's not a less ready than Pedro or Busquets were. All he needs right now is the playing time, not going to some mediocre dutch team.

But of course, if we continue to follow our policy for debt reducing with splashing 50 millions for Cesc next summer, than I can't say what's going to happen with the boy.

Home of Barca Fans