Thiago Alcantara

serghei

Manchester United is a huge club, but their squad does not look impressive at all. I wonder if their comfortable Premier League win had to do with some Ferguson magic, the fact that I underestimate some of their players or that there was poor competition. What do you guys think? I mean if it is option two and manage to buy our great midfielder I guess they could start aiming to a CL victory...

I think they miss(ed) a top-notch passer/dribbler. They didn't get Mata, or Silva, but now, they could get something even juicier. If Moyes is the real deal they will be though to beat.

Faceless

No more faces at night
If he is as good as he was in the u21 tournament (despite many i talk to saying he was underwhelming, i thought he was brilliant) he will be an instant starter, you have to watch our games to understand how bad our midfield is - its like a gaping hole against a lot of teams if carrick does not start we have to rely on RVP to smash one in, despite feeding on scraps. If he does come, it may take him a while to climatize though, what is he like on the physical side of the game?

Yeah I kinda noticed when Giggs is still playing. I'm not so sure about him fitting in to the BPL though. Gotta ask some other Cules.

JamDav1982

Of course he will be fantastic in the EPL.

I doubt he will develop into as good a player technically as he would at Barca but he will have more freedom and be a star there.

Irish_Cules

If he is as good as he was in the u21 tournament (despite many i talk to saying he was underwhelming, i thought he was brilliant) he will be an instant starter, you have to watch our games to understand how bad our midfield is - its like a gaping hole against a lot of teams if carrick does not start we have to rely on RVP to smash one in, despite feeding on scraps. If he does come, it may take him a while to climatize though, what is he like on the physical side of the game?

He has an element of tenacity and hunger to his game. He wont go falling on the ground if theres a physical battle to be had. He certainly wont be a defensive or physical liability in the midfield.

serghei

Wait. Are we sure Moyes wants Thiago? I mean, maybe he has his own plans. I've heard rumors about Fellaini comming at Man. Utd. Our luck may be Moyes and his brittish style.

impeh

Hi, its me..
unfortunately i think he'd be great for united :lol: :( They need a bit of creative spark in the midfield, they have done for a few years. Fergie certainly knew how to get the best out of what he had.

Thiago is so confident in his own ability, always asking for the ball and will happily take on his man or try a pass that others wouldnt have the confidence to go for.

maybe theyll finally get rid of anderson. :blush:

Mr Hulot

Maybe not a CL victory so soon, but a definite turn up.

United have good players and youngsters in Rafael, Phil Jones, De Gea, Cleverley, Powell, and Chicharito and they balance it out with experience in Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Rio, and Evra. To top it all off any team does well with a consistent game winner like RVP.

I don't see them often, but the few times I did, they seem like a good Team. Individually though, I am not so sure. I like a lot De Gea, Kagawa, Welbeck is a nice tactical option and Valencia is a beautiful one trick pony. Evra, Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Fletcher, Rooney were very good players, but they all seem to be in decline. Carrick plays always bad against good opponents, that try to press high. I just don't know what to make of their squad, as Van Persie is not getting any younger. I guess those youngsters are better than I think.

Martindn

He has an element of tenacity and hunger to his game. He wont go falling on the ground if theres a physical battle to be had. He certainly wont be a defensive or physical liability in the midfield.

Not scared to get physical and is technically good at the same time? Should have no problems then may not need a season or two if he decides to choose england.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
7m

Man United coach Moyes has talked with Barcelona midfielder Thiago (22). The player has been promised he'll be a starter at United. [sport]

Also this for those who think he may be on bench, probably what may swing it for us. Dont think we have ever done this in the past, must really want him.

Mr Hulot

Not scared to get physical and is technically good at the same time? Should have no problems then may not need a season or two if he decides to choose england.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
7m

Man United coach Moyes has talked with Barcelona midfielder Thiago (22). The player has been promised he'll be a starter at United. [sport]

Also this for those who think he may be on bench, probably what may swing it for us. Dont think we have ever done this in the past, must really want him.

Man, if it is true that Carrick is your best midfielder, then Thiago will be a huge huge transfer for you. Thiago is already a far better player and he will undoubtedly improve a lot your squad. I guess he will remind you of a young Scholes.

Stric

I've used many forums so far, and I have never ever seen one with such strict enforcing of general guidelines. I'm not picking a fight, but the atmosphere here is getting worse every day. Seriously, though, banning a guy for being repetitive in stating his opinion? I'll probably get warned / banned for this post, as well. :lol:

PaCmAn

Promised a player a starting position, yet to be seen in training.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
well if he leaves so be it, barca will move on, but someone should get sacked after.

That'd be as rash a decision as Thiago leaving so early. This wasn't handled well but cut them some slack. Thiago being so upset as to leave over one season came as a surprise to everyone. So much so that not playing him for a few more games led to him being able to leave for a mere 18m soon after.

F

Flavia

I've used many forums so far, and I have never ever seen one with such strict enforcing of general guidelines. I'm not picking a fight, but the atmosphere here is getting worse every day. Seriously, though, banning a guy for being repetitive in stating his opinion? I'll probably get warned / banned for this post, as well. :lol:

Spamming is not ok. And that's what he was doing.

Home of Barca Fans