Thiago Alcantara

M

MessiCam

I don't mind Thiago either, but.. I see a lot of posts here (Jombi, don't jump again, lol) where people used to claim in previous seasons how Thiago is one of best Cms in the world, how he is the best or top3 controllers in the world.

But at the end of the day, some negative facts about him are true:
1. Barca wasn't too keen on keeping him in the first place.
If we would have been so desperate to keep him, we would have done something differently.
2. he went away from Barca to find luck somewhere else
3. in his new club, his new club is AGAIN willing to let him go, more or less
So, both of his teams were willing to let him go in the end and their teams turned to other players/options.

Somebody mentioned above. He plays nice and pleasing for the eye, but I have never been 100% sure about him, that he is THE MAN, who will be the boss, lead our midfield and dominate all opponents.
I mean, I would rather have HIM than our current midfielders, but still, I was never 100% sure about him, neither when he was at Barca nor in Bayern.

Also, about his injuries, he missed 600 days out of 1300 at Bayern.
And his brother Rafinha is injured all the time also, from this or that unlucky reason.

If we'll sign him, imo 90% likely, he will miss at least 4-6 Months of football in at least 2 out of 4 seasons here.
He is older. There is no way that he will become less injury prone in his older footballing age.

Who would you consider to be the top “controllers” or “registrars” around?

I’d like to know so we can draw up a comparison...

I have a feeling Thiago absolutely murders all comers! Only second to prime Xavi in that position...

YodaMaster

Lol these people here doubting Thiago Alcantara... Just bring him back at Barça and you’ll see why he’s one of the best in the world.

Btw, he’s the best midfielder of Spain’s NT along with Iniesta and Busquets. And that’s saying a lot since Spain has the likes of Isco, Koke, Saul and David Silva.

About Digne, he’s one of those players who clearly don’t have what it takes to play at Barca, just like Gomes, Vidal, Paulinho and Arda. If he can help us bringing back Thiago, we should jump on the occasion. It was dumb to buy Digne in the first place since we had Grimaldo in the academy. Grimaldo is future top 3 LB and he’s way better than Digne, always was.

Last edited:

Nothanks

ah yes grimaldo the future star whose turning 23 this year and has done almost nothing significantly except miss half his career by injuries

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let's not go OTT please.

I still believe 45/50m + Digne for Thiago is a very good deal in a market where you might have to pay 150m for Eriksen or over 80m alone for Pjanic. There will be no doubts about whether he'll fit in here considering how well he plays for Spain with Busquets and Iniesta.

This Digne rumor isn't exactly random either, although Sport might be bullshitting here. Kicker in Germany reported Bayern's interest in Digne and that might soon open talks for him with Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, Amor might be losing his job soon so does it really matter what he says? :lol:

Anyway, he's saying the club sold him and not that he left using that low buyout. Might just be worded that way though. "Thiago left because he was sold".

YodaMaster

ah yes grimaldo the future star whose turning 23 this year and has done almost nothing significantly except miss half his career by injuries

Well obviously I should have made it clear: he'll be top 3 if he manages to stay healthy. But he is, was, and will always be a better player than Digne. That's for sure. Injury or no injury.

M

MessiCam

If they're asking 80m we might as well spend that on Pjanic instead.

Thiago over Pjanic everyday and 7 times on Sunday...

Here is Thiago's radar CM/DM radar for the 2016/17 season

8rP9WVLl.jpg

Pjanic

usIZtZOl.jpg

Verratti

jVcifzgl.jpg

Kroos

TcP73A2l.jpg

As can be seen... Thiago's output is miles ahead of anybody elses.

Here is Xavi's 2010/11 Radar

5ZRyK2Tl.jpg

And here is a 20 year old Thiago 2011/12 Radar

0IXjUz4l.jpg

Even then it was clear that Thiago would turn into an amazing player. He may be a crock in terms of injuries but he is one fine midfielder.

gr98

8rP9WVLl.jpg

Pjanic

usIZtZOl.jpg

Verratti

jVcifzgl.jpg

Kroos

TcP73A2l.jpg

5ZRyK2Tl.jpg

0IXjUz4l.jpg

Even then it was clear that Thiago would turn into an amazing player. He may be a crock in terms of injuries but he is one fine midfielder.

If he comes lets hope our medical staff can sort out his injuries.

MTL_Barca

What did Matthau say? I'd like to read it if you have a link.

Goal has some of it covered in english but the link isn't working for some reason. There are other sites too that have some statements, just search for "Matthäus sell Thiago" or something like that.

He basically said he wasn't a deciding factor in CL, Bayern doesn't need him to win the CL, he was very disappointed with him the last weeks, like that he's not a Bayern player, he's too similar to James, Müller Goretzka or James can play his position and Bayern should sell if a club like Barca or City send a good offer etc.

Pretty strange consodering he wasn't even a weak point in these games, not amazing in all of them but the same can be said for many players but it seems the media decided that only Thiago is bad in big games.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

8rP9WVLl.jpg

Pjanic

usIZtZOl.jpg

Verratti

jVcifzgl.jpg

Kroos

TcP73A2l.jpg

5ZRyK2Tl.jpg

0IXjUz4l.jpg

Wonder why his through balls is so low.. we need that too the transition from midfield to attack is where we’ve struggled.

Home of Barca Fans