Thiago Alcantara

gregorrin10

When you put it like that, Thiago makes a lot of sense and how many World Class midfielders are available? Zero most likely, so Thiago must be top if the list who could be available.

I guess it makes sense.

Just in case for Thiago, I think we would need good backup for him. His injury history does concern me. He can't play every game, like Rakitic.

I guess Arthur could be a good understudy that way, as he would play many games, either in the lineup or as a substitute every season, when Thiago would be injured. And they both share similar qualities and play style, so once Arthur would hopefully reach a good level, it wouldn't matter that much, which one of them is playing.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

He should be this summer priority signing.

Studies and analysis of the team should be made throughout the season, and now the sporting department has a full view of the players we need to address the gap. I don't understand why we have to wait until August to buy players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
that's more it. Bayern wouldn't just offload one of their best players for no reason. If he's on the market, then that means he asked for a sale. Falk is pretty reliable.

Do you think it's because he want to return to Barça?

Why else would it make sense for him to leave Bayern? Any other club is a downgrade and he starts all over again.

Givenchy

return to Barca makes the most sense for all parties involved, hopefully at a decent fee aswell. anywhere else than Barca/Madrid is a step down

you know what to do Barto :barcascarf:

Yannik

Do you think it's because he want to return to Barça?

Why else would it make sense for him to leave Bayern? Any other club is a downgrade and he starts all over again.

Either Barca or City I'd say. He is actually happy at Bayern and his life in Munich and not unsettled, underplayed or anything but it was always somewhat expected that he'd return to his home at some point. thought that'd be in 2 or 3 years at least though. But he might also be wrong and he wants a Pep reunion.

Devils

Signing him means also betting on a very injury prone player.

He would be a big upgrade to what we currently have, but he would also more than likely bring a lot of frustration.

Givenchy

Read today he has made 67 league starts in 5 seasons.

Injury record is a hell of a risk if even remotely big fee.

a risk for sure but if he does want out i dont think Bayern would demand a huge fee. we have Arthur coming in January also, certainly worth the gamble imo

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
He's definitely worth the risk as long as the fee isn't astronomical. Like the poster above me said, Arthur is coming in January so it's not like he will be our only option.

MTL_Barca

Last 3 seasons he played (not started, didn't check for that) 19, 27 and 27 out of 34 league games. Not great but i would still go for him and just take the risk that he will miss out on a number of games.

Btw: Verratti who we wanted to sign last summer played 22, 28 and 18 and i didn't see people mentioning that all the time.

DonAK

Worth the gamble IMO. Either that or pay over the odds for Eriksen.

These two seem to be our only options as we need some quality in the MF.

DonAK

Either Barca or City I'd say. He is actually happy at Bayern and his life in Munich and not unsettled, underplayed or anything but it was always somewhat expected that he'd return to his home at some point. thought that'd be in 2 or 3 years at least though. But he might also be wrong and he wants a Pep reunion.

Pep just signed Jorginho so I doubt they'll sign him.

Perhaps his wife is trying to convince him lol. She's afterall Catalan and a Barça fan :lol:

JamDav1982

Last 3 seasons he played (not started, didn't check for that) 19, 27 and 27 out of 34 league games. Not great but i would still go for him and just take the risk that he will miss out on a number of games.

Btw: Verratti who we wanted to sign last summer played 22, 28 and 18 and i didn't see people mentioning that all the time.

Veratti played 32, 18 and 28 in previous three seasons.

Home of Barca Fans