Thiago Alcantara

Sorin

Bunch of cretins not taking Kroos. Just imagine how many problems would've been solved over these last years if we had Kroos in our mid.

Infuriating even thinking about it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yip argued it at time when many were delighted with Raki and Rafinha returning as if mid set for years.

I mean, we could have easily signed both.... 18m + 25m for a World Class midfielder and a very good/good one with La Liga experience at that time.

Not a lot of money.

Squad planning have been abysmal for years now though.

FinBarcelonafan

I mean, we could have easily signed both.... 18m + 25m for a World Class midfielder and a very good/good one with La Liga experience at that time.

Not a lot of money.

Squad planning have been abysmal for years now though.

Kroos wanted big salary and that was problem, no?

Saladin

The talk of bringing in either Eriksen or Thiago is increasing in strenght. I want to hear your thoughts on who to bring in, given their individual stats for the recent season (I also included Thiago's 16/17 season, to give a better perspective of his true qualities when not injured as was the case this season)

DEFENSIVE STATS - ERIKSEN

Eriksen Defensive.jpg

DEFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO

Thiago Defensive.jpg

DEFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO 16/17

Thiago Defensive History.jpg

PASSING STATS - ERIKSEN

Eriksen Passing.jpg

PASSING STATS - THIAGO

Thiago Passing.jpg

PASSING STATS - THIAGO 16/17

Thiago Passing History.jpg

Part I/II

Last edited:

Saladin

OFFENSIVE STATS - ERIKSEN

Eriksen Offensive.jpg

OFFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO

Thiago Offensive.jpg

OFFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO 16/17

Thiago Offensive History.jpg

Part II/II

All stats are from whoscored.com

I know statistics doesn't provide the full picture of a players contributions, but it is a good point of reference to their influence on key aspects of the game. I personally prefer Thiago, even though I would love Eriksen at Barcelona (I live in the same hometown as him in Denmark) due to a lot of reasons; Thiago would be the cheaper option (roughly half in transfer fee) he knows the club, most of the players, the language would not be a big barrier and his style of play suits us perfectly as he is a La Masia product. But the main reason is the chance of bringing in both Griezmann and Thiago (we are already closing in on Lenglet, which would be a decent option at CB)

Here's a video reeler to get a more visual comparison of the two players. Hope to hear your thoughts!

[youtube]8zrM78er7ao[/youtube]

Last edited:

Kul_z

We have a better version of erikssen in coutinho, so for me thiago any day. Its not that i dont love erikssen, but i think thiago is just a type of midlefielder we're lacking, but injury prone so its hard to be smart

George_Costanza

We have a better version of erikssen in coutinho, so for me thiago any day. Its not that i dont love erikssen, but i think thiago is just a type of midlefielder we're lacking, but injury prone so its hard to be smart

On average he is less injury prone than Verratti and played more the past 3 seasons. Bayern is willing to let go but we do have less than average intelligence management though.

Givenchy

Thiago, Griezmann and Lenglet would be a decent summer.

if not Griezmann id like to see us go all out for Eriksen but Thiago would be a cheaper and for what we need right now, better option

strangely i've seen many Bayern fans turn on Thiago and want him sold

Andrew M

if not Griezmann id like to see us go all out for Eriksen but Thiago would be a cheaper and for what we need right now, better option

Decent? That would be very good in my book.

ab739

Probably because Thiago isn't as good as this board hypes him up to be. I'd rather we give Arthur those minutes and see how he developes

Home of Barca Fans