Thiago Alcantara

Yannik

We need to put on a charm offense to bring him back home, so he doesn't sign a new contract at Bayern.

you could try to do the "lost son" thing like with Cesc. Also encourage Pique to randomly pull a Barca kit on him the next time the nationalteam is celebrating something.

Truthist

Still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. All it needed was a bit more game time for his contract to be above market price but we couldnt even manage that.

Flavius

Masterful display yesterday, maybe he is injury prone, but he's class...Now we're stucked with Gomes, Rafinha, D. Suarez....Which no one of those had ever this kind of display, and probably never will against a good oposition because they can't... Europe is not La Liga! in the last years we had the stupidest board...

frog-fcb

Imagine how different the past few years would be if he had never left. Instead of a gaping hole in the midfield we'd have a world class player from La Masia and our own answer to the Verratti's, Gundogan's, and Koke's of the world that we now long for. Imagine Thiago tearing it up next to Iniesta and MSN. I don't know if even Lucho could mess up coaching that.

I remember how much of a warzone this thread used to be :lol:. We simply can't afford to mess up the same way with Aleña.

It might not have been vastly different considering his injury record hes baaically only available about 50% of the time

Raketa10

Signing Cesc was one of the worst decisions ever. Cesc never excelled here and after he left he was never as good as he was at Arsenal. It was mutually bad decision for us and for him but even worse thing was that we lost Thiago because of that. This kid was a true Xavi successor, I still can't believe how we allowed that to happen. We should definitely try to bring him back.

We should have sold Cesc in 2013 to convince Thiago to stay. Better not to buy Cesc at all but when we had to make the decision, the choice was obvious. Yet we still made the wrong one.

To think we sold Thiago to keep a guy who was going to go in a year... :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans