Thiago Alcantara

BarçaBarça

Does anyone know how he feels about Barca now? I know that he wanted to leave himself, and we didn't keep him - but with a new coach and a decent offer to Bayern, would he consider it?

His injuries are really annoying, but his profile is about right to fit into our midfield, imo.
His contract runs out in 2 years, and if he pushed for it, he would be more attainable than an overpriced Coutinho or an un-buyable Verratti, as I see it.
At least on level with (slightly overrated?) Koke, whom we reportedly always try to get.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would have probably been warming the bench behind Gomes here him too.

We sold him because of Cesc. That's something worth crying about.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Does anyone know how he feels about Barca now? I know that he wanted to leave himself, and we didn't keep him - but with a new coach and a decent offer to Bayern, would he consider it?

His injuries are really annoying, but his profile is about right to fit into our midfield, imo.
His contract runs out in 2 years, and if he pushed for it, he would be more attainable than an overpriced Coutinho or an un-buyable Verratti, as I see it.
At least on level with (slightly overrated?) Koke, whom we reportedly always try to get.

He has shown a lot of affinity toward Bayern openly, also his father said not too long ago that he made the right move to leave us. There is no way he wants to come back. And there is no way Bayern will sell.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
just a bit of fun, he's been incredible serious contender for one of the best mids in the world and just a joy to watch. Rock solid defensively and offensively.

I actually don't rate him that highly (not that he is not good, sure he is), I think his impact on the game was magnified only because Bayern's midfield lacks creativity without him and when he is not playing his absence is felt. He is their only creative midfielder.

Yannik

I actually don't rate him that highly (not that he is not good, yes he is), I felt his impact on the game was magnified because Bayern's midfield lacks creativity without him. He is their only creative midfielder.

he is Bayerns best player for the entirety of the season.
think whoscored also has him as like the third highest player of the season.

jamrock

The best player we have produced since the golden generation and tito and the board gave him away for free, for the patient RB.

We need to try to get him back

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Imagine how different the past few years would be if he had never left. Instead of a gaping hole in the midfield we'd have a world class player from La Masia and our own answer to the Verratti's, Gundogan's, and Koke's of the world that we now long for. Imagine Thiago tearing it up next to Iniesta and MSN. I don't know if even Lucho could mess up coaching that.

I remember how much of a warzone this thread used to be :lol:. We simply can't afford to mess up the same way with Aleña.

Home of Barca Fans