Thiago Alcantara

Jadentheman

I saw be on RedCafe the day he is announced. The thread over there is quickly becoming one of the top threads.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Butaan4barca

I see, i asked because looking from a distance ive never got the impression Fabregas has ever really consolidated a position at Barca? he always seems to as you say fill in gaps play now and again here or there, never a set consistent position and regular games, hence why considering the situation with thiago it seemed a rather pointless signing but youve explained it well.

He would be our Scholes successor yes, and i know Scholes is held in very high regard at Barcelona certainly amongst the players anyway.

even fans dear, him, and ryan giggs. Respect. :beer2:

Butaan4barca

Heres a different question, amongst Barca fans would him signing for Manchester United be not say accepted but maybe well wished? im probably not wording that very well but what i mean is as far as im aware our clubs have always had good relations? i dont remember any problems between us, i know Sir alex always used to praise how your club was run and there seemed to be a real respect between the clubs in the recent champions league finals? what im asking is from a fans perspective is it like a lesser of evils him joining us or would you prefer him going elsewhere? assuming he does go of course.

Well if you ask me. If he leaves us, i don't really care where he goes. I mean, no body here wants him gone. There are again divided opinion ( you may hear people saying sell this, sell that, but keep thiago- its all because we all love him).

About manchester yes, we always had good relations with you. Even after those two finals, manu fans and SAF just respected us. Even the semi preceding those fixtures, where scholes got the screamer, we just accepted the defeat.

So yes & NO to your question. Yes manu could be a great choice for him. NO, the moment he steps out of this door, best of luck to him, but i don't have any preference for him joining one or the other clubs in premier league.

Thats my opinion, on second thought. i just don't want him to go to chelsea (for sure)

Last edited:

PaCmAn

What a shame, I don't want him to go :cry:

Well it's going to happen. Tito and Rosell don't have any brain cells.

For me though I won't wish Thiago any luck at Man U, he just get ill wishes from me. Thiago and Rafina can both go so the club don't have any more ties with Mazinho.

Martindn

What a shame, I don't want him to go :cry:

Wont believe it till hes sitting taking a press conference, this never happens to us - i guess its the only time having the weakest midfield in europe out of the bigger clubs actually helps.

For me though I won't wish Thiago any luck at Man U

Can never understand this sentiment, true he is leaving your club - however think about it for a moment in his shoes, he already signed the contract two years ago hoping for game time, you sign another midfielder which limits his already small time. He is ambitious and thinks he is good enough, what good is it to anyone if he sits on the bench every game? Would you leave in his position, considering you have no loyalty but contract to the club?

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The money is hard to turn down and he'll virtually have no competition for playing time. What is it like 6M a year they are offering? He'll be on wages like £150,000-a-week. United is so desperate for a midfielder, they'll pay him like he's Xavi and Iniesta right away.

Oh well, I think the future is bright for the kid but this will solidify Cesc's position with the club. He has a very defined role going forward with the club. No more False 9, no more playing him on the wing, let him shine in the midfield where he is one of the best players in the world. If I had to choose between Cesc and Thiago, I would choose Cesc every single time.

Maybe just maybe this will help finance Thiago Silva to the club. We can make another Thiago Alcantara, we have time and time again.

XaviMessiGirl

Come on guys, no need to be rude to opposing team fans. Especially when he's done nothing to deserve it.. it's good to have other clubs' fans here who actually want to participate & aren't trolls.

numero

"Thiago has a choice, either playing football 'vertically' with balls flying over his head - at Manchester United, or 'tiqui-taca' at beloved Barcelona. The only reason he wants to leave is Money. Just show him the door now, we've had enough. Let him go and ruin his career to club like Stoke City. Seriously? How can you compare 'Catalonia with England', 'Barça-ManUnited', 'Vilanova-Moyes ', 'Iniesta/Xavi or balls flying overhead', 'tiki-taca or football vertically, fast, direct.''

- Emilio Pérez de Rozas (from Catalonia's Sports Site "SPORT")

:worthy: :worthy:

Stoke :lol:

Butaan4barca

Thiago is no youngster, he's old enough to make this decision it's not like Cesc where he was offered a professional working contract with Arsenal @ the age of 16 when Barcelona couldn't offer the same because of Spanish Laws regarding professional contracts for workers under 18 years old.

All these clubs and their supporters have bad things to say about us but when push comes to shove, they are drooling over our 4th option in midfield.

Here, midfielder standards and skills are set very high, since ages as keeping the ball with the possession obsession is the key in tiki-taka we play. So any young midfielder while growing through the ranks knows pretty well, that iniesta made it at the age of 22, it was same for xavi. Iniesta was sitting on the bench in the CL final against Arsenal.

Was he disappointed ? yes? but he knew the club's standards and he stayed. You have got be perfect in all those areas for a midfielder in particular. So thiago did know about this that his years would come after the age of 22 or something. He would be a fool to expect that he would fill in the first team sheet at the age of 20 or 21. So it is definitely not about being dis appointed about the no of minutes he played. At barca, integration to first team is kind of pre known, calculated dimension.

Generally passing and possession is the key for all players here. There is a reason why valdez stayed in this club for that long. There is a reason, that we are closing our eyes on a talent like curtosis and choosing Ter stergen instead.

Whats that reason ? well we all know. and for thiago, he wasn't really ready before. He did showed great potential, he has still got it. And that is the reason the board wants to keep him and polish him further into midfield mastro.

To barcelona's standard of a midfielder there is still some fine tuning left. Which he will definitely get in manu too. But IMO if he stays, he will surely get even better over the years as compared to if he leaves.

Butaan4barca

"Thiago has a choice, either playing football 'vertically' with balls flying over his head - at Manchester United, or 'tiqui-taca' at beloved Barcelona. The only reason he wants to leave is Money. Just show him the door now, we've had enough. Let him go and ruin his career to club like Stoke City. Seriously? How can you compare 'Catalonia with England', 'Barça-ManUnited', 'Vilanova-Moyes ', 'Iniesta/Xavi or balls flying overhead', 'tiki-taca or football vertically, fast, direct.''

- Emilio Pérez de Rozas (from Catalonia's Sports Site "SPORT")

:worthy: :worthy:

Stoke :lol:

:lol:

S7_MUFC

Here, midfielder standards and skills are set very high, since ages as keeping the ball with the possession obsession is the key in tiki-taka we play. So any young midfielder while growing through the ranks knows pretty well, that iniesta made it at the age of 22, it was same for xavi. Iniesta was sitting on the bench in the CL final against Arsenal.

Was he disappointed ? yes? but he knew the club's standards and he stayed. You have got be perfect in all those areas for a midfielder in particular. So thiago did know about this that his years would come after the age of 22 or something. He would be a fool to expect that he would fill in the first team sheet at the age of 20 or 21. So it is definitely not about being dis appointed about the no of minutes he played. At barca, integration to first team is kind of pre known, calculated dimension.

Generally passing and possession is the key for all players here. There is a reason why valdez stayed in this club for that long. There is a reason, that we are closing our eyes on a talent like curtosis and choosing Ter stergen instead.

Whats that reason ? well we all know. and for thiago, he wasn't really ready before. He did showed great potential, he has still got it. And that is the reason the board wants to keep him and polish him further into midfield mastro.

To barcelona's standard of a midfielder there is still some fine tuning left. Which he will definitely get in manu too. But IMO if he stays, he will surely get even better over the years as compared to if he leaves.
So Ludovic Giuly and Edmílson were better than iniesta and were perfect in all the areas of midfield because they were the ones who started the match ahead of iniesta against arsenal in 2006, I haven't seen enough of them to pass a judgement but it seems that iniesta and xavi didn't play because Rjikard couldn't get the best out of them.

Home of Barca Fans