Thiago Alcantara

Then United will still have a similar problem further back. In my opinion I don't think Rooney truly wants to leave and I think he had a heated argument with Ferguson about his playing time etc but I don't think he actually wants to leave so I think he will stay.

From what I've seen from Thiago I think he's better further back. If I was United manager and I signed him I would play him next to Carrick but slightly further forward like when Cleverley plays there. I think that would be better for Man U.

IF we sign Thiago id imagine wed line up something like this:

...................De Gea

Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

.............Carrick
..........................Thiago

Valencia.......Rooney.......Kagawa

...............Van Persie

Personally id rather see Kagawa where Rooney is but if Rooney stays as i think he will then he plays and he plays behind Van Persie, Kagawa plays in that role for Japan so theres no reason why it shouldn't work for him there as long as hes encourages and allowed to roam central and allows Evra to be the main source of width down that wing.

DannyG

IF we sign Thiago id imagine wed line up something like this:

...................De Gea

Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

.............Carrick
..........................Thiago

Valencia.......Rooney.......Kagawa

...............Van Persie

Personally id rather see Kagawa where Rooney is but if Rooney stays as i think he will then he plays and he plays behind Van Persie, Kagawa plays in that role for Japan so theres no reason why it shouldn't work for him there as long as hes encourages and allowed to roam central and allows Evra to be the main source of width down that wing.

Yes, that's how I think Man Utd should play with him and I think he's better there as he can control the game. Yeah Kagawa starts that same position for Japan. If Utd have that side next season I think you lot will win it again barring no serious injuries to key players.

I still think you need another defensive minded midfielder for Champions League. Maybe Lars Bender would be good for United as I don't think Strootman is good enough for you lot. Better for a club like Everton

Last edited:
Anyway latest from Hunter:

"It's well advanced, contract properly talked about, Thiago keen on going to United, holiday weekend and Mon in Spain"

"He wants a meet with FCB to tell them his stance, which is to leave. It's the market, any deal can fall through. But so far not"

This is from a writer from the english newspaper the times:

"Manchester United hope to complete deal for Thiago before start of tour on July 10 but concerned #barca could still get him to stay.Story in Times tomo"

And the Barcastuff tweet posted above, all seems to point torwards the same thing, the deal between us and Thiago is agreed, he wants to come, he will tell Barcelona he wants to leave, Barcelona still trying and hoping to change his mind.

DannyG

Apparently he conversed with Sir alex about his future playing time, at least that is rooneys side of the conversation, he may just be trying to appease the fans who knows, if its true he asked to leave again well he knows where the door is can fuck off to arsenal or w/e - once bitten twice shy and all that.

I would play him in CM too, however we may have signed strootman too and as rare as it is for us we cant play them all, by all accounts Thiago operates best at 10, too offensively minded for a 2 man CM. Putting him in attacking positions with strootman behind may work better, id be interested to see what moyes does.

Your a spurs fan right? You remember the game at old trafford, thats what happens when carrick is left to do the work himself, watching bale run through the center of the park like no one was there was kind of shit lol.

Yeah I'm a Spurs fan. That OT match was brilliant first half at least. Second half was frightening! I have no idea how we won that match. Scholes absolutely ran that half. But I think the problem your team was Scholes and Giggs in the first half. They're both legends and quality but I think you needed more legs in that game. Starting two 37+ year olds wasn't wise.

I think Thiago will boss it for you lot though and I don't see you lot as rivals so I don't mind if you lot sign him. I don't see Rooney going to Arsenal, why would he? That shite club!

Martindn

a double pivot of carrick-thiago maybe good enough for the prem but not the cl

We should of beat madrid with a midfield of giggs/carrick/cleverley, thiago is a significant improvement on cleverley and we would of beaten galatasaray. Dortmund might of been close but could not see us beating them at all.

a double pivot of carrick-thiago maybe good enough for the prem but not the cl

Maybe, hard to say really, i dont think there would be many better midfields than Carrick-Thiago in europe, maybe only yourselves and Bayern Munich have better options, i wouldnt swap Carrick and Thiago for Alonso-Modric say, theres certainly nothing in the premier league id swap it for, but then again thats just my opinion, plus we were a shit ref decision away from dumping out Real madrid with a carrick-cleverley double pivot last season so who knows.

Yes, that's how I think Man Utd should play with him and I think he's better there as he can control the game. Yeah Kagawa starts that same position for Japan. If Utd have that side next season I think you lot will win it again barring no serious injuries to key players.

I still think you need another defensive minded midfielder for Champions League. Maybe Lars Bender would be good for United as I don't think Strootman is good enough for you lot. Better for a club like Everton

IF we have that side id be very happy and confident wed go very close to a lot of titles, the only 2 teams in europe i feel we are clearly inferior to are Barcelona and Bayern Munich, if we could keep that team fit id be very confident wed do well, Chelsea and Mourinhio are a concern though.

Your a spurs fan? what do you make of the Paulinhio link? i think hes quality myself and getting him for 15 million would be great business, your putting together a nice team there, keep Bale and i wouldnt be at all surprised if you pushed City very hard for a top 3 spot next season really wouldnt.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IF we have that side id be very happy and confident wed go very close to a lot of titles, the only 2 teams in europe i feel we are clearly inferior to are Barcelona and Bayern Munich, if we could keep that team fit id be very confident wed do well, Chelsea and Mourinhio are a concern though.

Your a spurs fan? what do you make of the Paulinhio link? i think hes quality myself and getting him for 15 million would be great business, your putting together a nice team there, keep Bale and i wouldnt be at all surprised if you pushed City very hard for a top 3 spot next season really wouldnt.

But is getting rid of Parker and Huddestone worth it to make way for Paulinho as rumoured?

But is getting rid of Parker and Huddestone worth it to make way for Paulinho as rumoured?

Absolutely its worth it, Paulinhio is far better than both of them put together, Parkers at best a squad player, Huddelstone in my view isnt top level material, hes got a great strike and not a lot else, plus he needs to sort his hair out its just disgraceful.

Paulinhio-Sandro-Dembele is a brilliant midfield on paper, has everything, throw Bale and a top quality striker into that side and id really fancy Spurs to push City next season, theyd be a real threat i think, team full of pace.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Absolutely its worth it, Paulinhio is far better than both of them put together, Parkers at best a squad player, Huddelstone in my view isnt top level material, hes got a great strike and not a lot else, plus he needs to sort his hair out its just disgraceful.

Paulinhio-Sandro-Dembele is a brilliant midfield on paper, has everything, throw Bale and a top quality striker into that side and id really fancy Spurs to push City next season, theyd be a real threat i think, team full of pace.

Hmm.. Sounds good.

Will be interesting to see which striker they end up with. Damiao has been linked to them for a while now.

Spurs have been linked with David Villa to, he wouldnt be a bad option, surprised they arent in for Higuain either, to me spurs have a better side than Arsenal on paper, they just have a small squad that cant cope with injuries, if i were Higuain id be more than happy to go to Spurs.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Since we have a trillion United fans here all of a sudden, I'm interested in asking; what would you think of a De Gea-Thiago swap deal? It's doubtfully going to happen, but what would your reaction be?

I have to say I'd be happy. We have a lot of talented midfielders coming through the ranks, but goalkeepers of De Gea's quality? Few and far between.

Home of Barca Fans