Thiago Alcantara

Povikas

Brandon
If he wants to leave, he can leave. He's not being disloyal, he doesn't owe this club anything and he's not catalan.

M

mitkoa7x

If he wants to leave, he can leave. He's not being disloyal, he doesn't owe this club anything and he's not catalan.

Yeah he doesnt owe Barca anything, its not like they trained him for 10 years or anything.

Povikas

Brandon
You can't imply that every young player now has to stay at the club they were trained in. It doesn't work that ways. After he's 16, he's treated as a professional, having a job - a contract, as a professional footballer. You have a career and in order for it to progress you need to make choices that will allow that to happen.

M

mitkoa7x

You can't imply that every young player now has to stay at the club they were trained in. It doesn't work that ways. After he's 16, he's treated as a professional, having a job - a contract, as a professional footballer. You have a career and in order for it to progress you need to make choices that will allow that to happen.

I am implying however that he should have a sense of duty towards the club.

jamrock

he has been showing loyalty towards the club for years chelsea came in for him offering him big money and he stayed because he wanted to prove himself here, but what does he do when we get a new manager who clearly doesn't trust him?,

Keikoku

Cabbage

True. I think the way fans looking at football now has changed from the past. Nowadays many expect young players can be success in the same team that train or develop their talent, maybe because it's romantic :ninja_hide: and you can brag about that player is homegrown talent and mock others fans about how they spent alot to sign a player.

About Thiago want to leave, I think it's his choice now. He is wonderful talent that need more time to develop his game, and he himself said dreamed about play for NT in the next WC so if he leave to pursue his dream it's not a big deal, it's just logic you need to make a decision about your future and looks like Tito isn't rate him too high. As Barca fan I wish he stay because he is wonderful talent, but if he decided to go it's fine too, because nowadays almost every year there's a good prospect of football showed up. Let's face it, his future are unknown, who knows he never reach what we expect from him to be. I saw many of us are too paranoid, Neymar came "Oh no, he isn't proven, he will flop", Thiago rumour want to leave "oh no, next 2-3 years we will cry to buy him back for xx million".

Banana-Rama

I am implying however that he should have a sense of duty towards the club.

when academy players don't reach the required standard barcelona and every other top club are ruthless in moving them on so you can't have it both ways, barcelona have not kept thiago out of loyalty to him, they have done so because he has outstanding talent, as others have said thiago is not catalan or a barca fan, just like pogba he'll do what he thinks is best for his career, personally i don't think he'll leave, i would welcome him at united tho...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Is that an Omega watch?

Looks like a Rolex GMT

Well that is true indeed... The club indeed fucked up the situation of Thiago by signing Fabregas. I was one of the members who did estimate Thiago losing his minutes with the arrival of Cesc.

BUT... Thiago is a professional and should deal his current situation as a professional, shouldn't he? Him going to, say, Utd wouldn't guarantee his playing time either, may be for the first few months yeah but then he would have to be really good to get regular playing-time. And then there's always the problem of getting used to the new system too!! If their older players start the season well then Thiago will again be in the same position, only with an additional pressure of getting used to the new system!!

In my opinion he would be better off fighting for his place against Cesc, because in our system he is already a better player than Cesc and would soon get his due playing-time.

I'd agree that moving doesn't change his WC prospects unless he's being fed pretty poor advice...But as an ambitious and talented players, you want to play, not see your minutes decline...He'd be the featured star player at United or City and while it would cut deep, I'd understand it considering how his situation has been handled...In fact, I contend that under Rosell the youth players have been rubbished and we could see others follow if they are also devalued in the manner Thiago has, IMO

Have to give him credit as much as it would pain us to leave and make his own mark away from the club...He'd start in just about any other side and he was among the least used players this past season...Put yourself in his shoes, it can't be easy but the club isn't helping the situation either which makes me feel blame squarely rests on Rosell et al...We should've never been in this position with one of our own cantera talents, especially a player of his clear quality

jamrock

Here are a look at some key stats from the UEFA tournament in Israelwhich reflect his influenceon the title-winning side.

*Thiago completed 395 /424 passes at the tournament, attempting more than any other midfield player, at an average of 84 per game.

*With 12 successful dribbling attempts, only one player completed more - teammate Isco.

*Thiago completed six successful through balls, more than any player in the tournament.

*His long passing was just as accurate as his short passing, completed eight accurate long balls per game, 41 in total-more than any other player.

*Thiago made more interceptions than any other Spanish player apart from left-back Alberto Moreno, with 12 in total.

*Thiago was the highest rated player at the whole tournament for overall performance, according to statistical analysts

Jadentheman

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

:lol: I love Thiago but I'm not the "go to" fanboy for him

As for the De Gea thing, if he says that "Barca will keep him" it basically means that he was unsuccessful in convincing Thiago to come. If he was successful he probably would've said something along the lines of "we'll see soon". Although it's still speculation and we are yet to be sure that Thiago will stay.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans