Thiago Alcantara

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
This guy reminds me of Deco, the way he plays, the way he passes, his unwanting of using his left foot, all of it.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Does anyone know much about Rafa Alcantara? All I know that he is also a midfielder and around 2 years younger.. I think for Juvenil A.

zanela

His sub-17 performance vs France. Not only does he have good vision, passing, skills but he has a good delivery of the ball from corners and freekicks which can be seen in the video.

[YOUTUBE]RcuqnOAxxcs[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: oops! this video has already been posted. Well, may be the new members can have a look at it. :blush:

Against Sevilla (shite compilation)
Looks comfortable, confident on the ball and very skillful.

[YOUTUBE]0jZ6tHLWRQs[/YOUTUBE]

@ jamrock, did u catch the replay of the game? what did u think of his performance?

And, when Meta rates someone, u just know hes gonna be a world beater. :hooray:
(his review of the kid's performance vs Mallorca last season) :D
looks the real deal, this kid.

had a good first touch and very good vision and awareness of what was around him, he nearly always managed to find space and time for himself which is a very xavi-esque quality. the flick for eto'o was a particularly delightful display of improvisation, and his ability to play quick direct passes will prove crucial to any future success.

should get some games next season, for sure.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
This guy reminds me of Deco, the way he plays, the way he passes, his unwanting of using his left foot, all of it.

+1 He reminded me of someone watchign him against Sevilla but I couldn't think who! Definitely has that Deco poise and balance, couple with a lovely touch on the ball and good distribution. I was really impressed with the lad.

jamrock

@ zanela

Didn't get to see a replay of the game yet, because i was busy when it was on.

But i really what to catch a replay just to see how JDS performed

veryfatchocobo

If JDS is on the field, Iniesta should be with him. If Thiago's playing, Xavi should be his partner. I don't understand why Pep chose 2 flare players.....

jamrock

for those who can't read spanish

Fran Sanchez: “Thiago is a virtuoso”

The first coach of Thiago Alcántara at La Masia, Francesc Sanchez Bas, stresses the potential of the young midfielder. According to Fran, “Thiago is the finest example of virtuosity with the ball.” Thiago Alcantara’s debut as a starter in an official match against Sevilla FC at the Camp Nou might have been subdued due to the defeat, but the midfielders playing was one of the most positive aspects of the first leg of the round of sixteen of the Copa Del Rey.

Thiago Alcantara signed for Barça in 2005 at the age of 14 along with his brother Rafa Alcantara (16), who is currently plying his trade in the Juvenil A side just two steps away from the first team. Fran was the coach of that team which included great talents like, Thiago Alcantara, Gai Assulin, Marti Riverola, Marc Barta, Martin Montoya, Ruben Rochina, Dani Pacheco, among others.

The current coach of the Cadet A was from the outset, fascinated by the quality of that young pearl of 14 years: “Thiago has football in his blood, he was by far the best player when he had ball. Gradually he learned to use his talent for the benefit of the team and this made him an even better player.”

Fran has worked with many players with great skill in the Barca ranks, but according to him Thiago’s technique and power to imbalance is unique: “I think he is the finest example of virtuosity with the ball. When the ball is at his feet he is amazing, he can do anything.”

I

idoks

thiago is the most complete midfielder ever to come out of barcas youth system. and second only to deulofeu. for all the haters, i still insist that deulofeu is better and more complete than messi was at 15.watch him and you will see the new and even improved version of c ronaldo. up barca and deulofeu.

barca96

I don`t think so. Thiago has a contract until 2011, Gai until 2012, only JDS might flee away. Muniesa also has a contract until 2010...and Bartra...

but i think we should give the kid a new contract
he doesn't look that patient to wait beyond next season for 1st team action
even his dad said it.scary

Home of Barca Fans