Thiago Alcantara

Bobo32

It was a bit sad that he went, but very logical and understandable for all parties. The problem was not in selling, but in not buying him back - the obvious moment was when Liverpool bought him, but there must've been a lot of good moments before that.

jamrock

He didn't take our biggest talent, our coach at the time, didn't show he valued Thiago enough & the board didn't have the common sense to tell him to at least make sure he plays enough games to eliminate his buy out clause, then the best coach in the world hand picks you play in his new project.

Easy choice for Thiago, easy choice for pep, dumb management by the board & Tito.

mc_lovin

Nah. I just think Pep knew Ferran Torres wasn't worth the hype.

Ferran is fine, the hate gets a bit out of hand. He will easily outscore the likes of Luis Diaz, Raphina and co.

I am not saying he's a better player though, but a different type. Best case as always is to get a nice combination of different skill sets.

Laplacian

His technical ability is just insane. I was cringing reading opinion last year that he'd be no good for Liverpool. He was getting some hate for reasons I will never know.

Admittedly he won't perform like today every week but he has been one of the top midfielders in the last decade.

Proud to say I always rated Thiago, anyone can look back on my posts on this very thread. Dude has tekkers and a brain, really only thing against him were the injuries. Fantastic footballer.

Temptation

Ferran is fine, the hate gets a bit out of hand. He will easily outscore the likes of Luis Diaz, Raphina and co.

I am not saying he's a better player though, but a different type. Best case as always is to get a nice combination of different skill sets.

He's a poor man's Jota.

Watched him in the Prem quite a lot.

Temptation

You are ridiculously biased though.

Personally I was pretty torn on the Ferran signing to be fair, but so far he has proven me wrong. Good player and major reason for our 2nd half of the season.

Not really. He's a good player and I watched a lot of him in the Prem.

He never stood out and City could easily part with him. He's a good young player but let's not act like he's some sort of world beater or goal machine.

Him and Jota are basically the same player but Jota is the better goalscorer due to his immense movement and aerial ability.

Rory

He didn't take our biggest talent, our coach at the time, didn't show he valued Thiago enough & the board didn't have the common sense to tell him to at least make sure he plays enough games to eliminate his buy out clause, then the best coach in the world hand picks you play in his new project.

Easy choice for Thiago, easy choice for pep, dumb management by the board & Tito.

That’s one way of looking at it. Whilst I agree he could have been given more chances and we should have made sure no buyout clause is triggered are we forgetting who was ahead of him at the time? Not to mention he was 20-21 so should expect to have to really impress to oust those who were picked ahead of him.

The buyout clause could also be a way of testing his loyalty. He shouldn’t want to leave at all. Forget what his buyout clause is, this is the club who raised him and he’s on the precipice of reaching the first team, first opportunity and he leaves.

Would have got plenty of game time over the next two seasons had he stayed and had he been injury free.

mc_lovin

Not really. He's a good player and I watched a lot of him in the Prem.

He never stood out and City could easily part with him. He's a good young player but let's not act like he's some sort of world beater or goal machine.

Him and Jota are basically the same player but Jota is the better goalscorer due to his immense movement and aerial ability.

You literally made an account on a Barcelona forum to big up your players (and Liverpool) while consistently shitting on Barcelona :p That's pretty much 90% of what you do here, and I am a bit baffled why. There's no connection between the teams, unlike lets say Real.

I don't see the Ferran-Jota comparison either to be honest. The more interesting comparison for me is with Diaz. Both wingers, both vastly different, but really hard to say who the more effective player will be. Pretty sure Ferran will outscore him comfortably, but Diaz is the superior dribbler.

Iniesta Ultra

I didn't watch Barca back then but I know Thiago wasn't better than our starting midfield then, whether it was worth playing him more to keep him versus needing to field the best at the time to keep winning I wouldn't know.

jamrock

I didn't watch Barca back then but I know Thiago wasn't better than our starting midfield then, whether it was worth playing him more to keep him versus needing to field the best at the time to keep winning I wouldn't know.

It's about succession planning, clear as day he was gonna be WC, all we needed to do was give him enough minutes/starts to avoid the clause being triggered

serghei

He's a top class midfielder, but I wouldn't call him a difference-maker at Liverpool. Plays his part well, but Klopp's system was working before him and would work without him just as well.

Temptation

You literally made an account on a Barcelona forum to big up your players (and Liverpool) while consistently shitting on Barcelona :p That's pretty much 90% of what you do here, and I am a bit baffled why. There's no connection between the teams, unlike lets say Real.

I don't see the Ferran-Jota comparison either to be honest. The more interesting comparison for me is with Diaz. Both wingers, both vastly different, but really hard to say who the more effective player will be. Pretty sure Ferran will outscore him comfortably, but Diaz is the superior dribbler.

Mate majority of Barca fans are being much harsher on Ferran. I'm saying he's good because I have seen him play at City. I'm hardly underrating him.

Diaz and Ferran are very different type of players that's why I didn't compare. In terms of player profile him amd Jota are much closer.

Home of Barca Fans