Thiago Alcantara

Andresito

Staff member
In an ideal world Thiago and Thomas would've been the replacements for Arthur, Rakitic and Vidal. 80M spent and 50M sold, a huge upgrade for 30M net.

malvolio

Because he is catalan

it's not only that. we didn't really have options this year.

arthur - shite/injured and sold
vidal - decent to good in meaningless games. terrible against serious teams.
rakitic - hot and cold. better since the restart
fdj - hot and cold. couldn't build some form and has been unlucky with injuries.
puig - was pushed into first 11 for lack of alternatives.

so why wouldn't we play busquets then? if next season we have another very good midfielder that could complement frenkie and pjanic, i can see busi getting the bench. otherwise i don't see a way out.

Last edited:

Judoman

Iniesta wasn't benched, he was still a starting player when he left. Both him and Xavi were about 34 when they left, Busquets is still 32.

Yes, that's true, but he often came in from the bench.
I just don't understand why Busi is glued to the first team when we have the best possible player for that position available in DJ. I don't think age matters when you are as slow as he is..

Andresito

Staff member
Yes, that's true, but he often came in from the bench.
I just don't understand why Busi is glued to the first team when we have the best possible player for that position available in DJ. I don't think age matters when you are as slow as he is..

Probably because Busquets at DM is better than any player at CM, hence why de Jong has to play there.
Let's hope Riqui Puig performs so that he clinches a CM spot. Pjanic has to play which leaves de Jong at Busi's position.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Real Madrid had Isco, Kovacic and James behind Modric, Kroos and Casemiro when they won La Liga + CL. When they lost James they brought in Ceballos and Marcos Llorente back from loan. When Kovacic left Fede Valverde got a more prominent role. Had COVID-19 not appeared they would have likely signed Pogba.

Meanwhile people here want to have Riqui, Alena, that Brazilian dude and Pedri as our backup MF lol. I love Pedri and Riqui has been doing well, but you need some immediate quality. A deep squad really helps.

Too bad we've got no cash and our management and board is mentally challenged anyway, but 30m for Alaba, 30m for Thiago and 50m for Thomas Partey would improve the team a lot.

You can sell Vidal and Rakitic. Start phasing out Busquets. Loan out Pedri for 1-2 years until he's polished like RM are doing with ?degaard.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans